What movie made you cry in theaters?

Tools    

Simon Birch is the first movie I remember bawling in, when I was about 8 years old. And I cried watching the Notebook in high school. What made you cry in theaters?

Just gonna go ahead and say that many others are gonna probably razz you about not searching for similar thread, that being said:

One of many films that teared me up: Magnolia

I didn't even think of searching for a previous thread- sorry! I just joined today and I am on a mission to find out the most tear jerking movie. I have a friend who has never cried in a movie and I want to be the person to make it happen.
Thanks for your response 7thson. I have never seen Magnolia but just the lyrics
"No it's not going to stop so just give up" seems quite depressing! Not to mention its in the rain which always seems to make crying easier.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent ever cried at a cinema but a movie that has always made me tearfull is Champ It is a very touching movie and makes me blub everytime I see it.

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
The film I cried most in a theater was Gran Torino, that's such a beautiful movie!

Outside the theaters the movies that always make me cry are American Beauty (Especially the ending credits) and Big Fish

Every movie make me cry in which hero or heroine got die, actually i want, every movie get off with good thing. I don't wanna see someone is dying.

I saw Braveheart during my history class and teared up at the end.There were quite a few people that were fighting their tears.

Also got watery during 25th hour and I remember being in shock after Bambi. That is most definitely not a good film to watch when you're 8 hehe

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I've cried at so many films, it is impossible to count.

But two stick out in my mind:

Big Fish -- my mother had just passed away. I was crying so hard, I didn't leave until after the credits were over. I had gone alone, too.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring -- there was like 3 of us in the theatre; it was an early showing on a Friday morning and I was also alone. When Boromir died, I was crying so hard, I was hyperventilating. The guy who was in my row asked, "are you okay?"

That was rather embarrassing, actually.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring -- there was like 3 of us in the theatre; it was an early showing on a Friday morning and I was also alone. When Boromir died, I was crying so hard, I was hyperventilating. The guy who was in my row asked, "are you okay?"

That was rather embarrassing, actually.
Hehe I had a lump in my throat during that scene as well.

hehe thanks for the welcome. This looks like a nice forum, which is pretty rare these days. Other places are loaded with trolls who go crazy when you disagree with them over something so this is a welcome change I hope.

And I like Sean Bean too, solid actor.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
This is a very nice forum with lots of nice people. It's so nice around here, we even argue politics from time and time and we're still civil to each other.

As to your comment about Bean, I like you already.

well, Brodinski, I see you are new. I am known as quite the Sean Bean fan and Boromir is my hero! Glad to see you appreciated that scene, too.
Hey! I appreciated that scene, too, tramp. I was very pleased to see him die. The only bit of the film I liked.

I cried more so when I was a child during movies. Mainly out of fear, but I cried, none the less.

More recently I was watching, my favorite animated movie, Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was during the scene when Mrs. Fox said she didn't love Mr. Fox anymore. The movie as a whole was just wonderful, very beautifully animated, and that just made the film for me.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I cried during the whole of Up. It was crazy. Once anything happy happened, I just kept remembering the sad part and I'd start sobbing again. I think I was more emotionally effected than all those kids around me. Typical!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think it's a good thing if a film affects you emotionally, but I don't like to feel like I'm being manipulated. And quite a few of the films that made me cry I hated at the same time.

I think what makes you cry depends on what things you find most upsetting - sounds a bit obvious but some people will always cry at animal films while others are unmoved. Some people have a weakness for old couples being separated. Personally I find films involving children, particularly people giving children away, upsetting. I cried at the abandonment scene in AI but I don't think it was a good film.

Dancer in the Dark is my tearjerking recommendation.

I've got a few to contribute:

Leon The Professional - the ending part where Leon almost reaches the end of the hallway only to see a bright light and then the camera pans off to the floor... GAAAADDD, I bawled my heart out, my classmate had to check if I was okay.

Hachiko - beautifully crafted reprise of a Japanese movie that tells the story of a dog's loyalty to his master.

Up - how I would love to have a love that grows old with time...

Somewhere in Time - especially the last scene where Christopher Reeve gets to meet Jane Seymour once again.. *choke*