Daybreakers

Tools    

Release Date: January 8, 2010
Studio: Lionsgate
Directed by: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
Starring: Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill, Isabel Lucas, Vince Colosimo, Jay Laga’aia, Claudia Karvan, Christopher Kirby, Michael Dorman, Mungo McKay, Emma Randall
Official Website: Here www.daybreakersmovie.com/

Official Synopsis:

In the year 2017, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
5 pictures are broke.

I see them if I click properties and follow the links, but not on this page for some reason.

There ya go.

New Daybreakers PSA Reminds You to Turn in Humans

Earlier this summer, we were treated to a great trailer for the upcoming modern vampire tale Daybreakers. How can a movie go wrong with actors like Ethan Hawke (Gattaca), Sam Neil (Event Horizon) and Willem Dafoe (John Carter of Mars)? The answer – You can’t!

Set in a (obvious) future, fictional world where vampires have just about converted every human to be a stalker of the night, Daybreakers takes the unique approach of applying modern day situations and geopolitical statements to the vampires – they are slowly running out of food and have begun farming humans for just their blood, think The Matrix but with plasma.

A group of humans, lead by the crossbow wielding Elvis (Dafoe), survive outside of the blood farms and while Edward (seriously? Do we need another Edward the vampire?), played by Hawke, tries to find a blood substitute, he stumbles upon a cure. Unfortunately, it would appear that not every vampire is eager to switch back, including Charles Bromely (Neil).

Check out PSA below:

Daybreakers is the third film written and directed by brothers Michael and Peter Spierig, whose last film Undead was very enjoyable but underrated. Many people don’t know this but the brothers did all of the special effects for Undead themselves on their home computers. This time around though, they were able to splurge for something a bit more expensive.

Daybreakers sinks its teeth into audiences January 8th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

New Daybreakers Trailer Hits

A new trailer for Lionsgate's Daybreakers has come online and can be watched below. Directed by the Spierig brothers, the film stars Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Claudia Karvan, Michael Dorman, Vince Colosimo, Isabel Lucas and Sam Neill.

In the January 8 release, Hawke plays Edward Dalton, a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race.

To watch the second trailer for Daybreakers click here.

Source: Shock Til You Drop

This looks like one of those films that'd make a really good book and then a disapointing film. In other words, a good idea poorly executed. Still, I'd like to see it, though, like The Wolfman, the principal cast doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm actually really excited for this film, though my expectations will probably be dashed to the dirt after seeing it. It's a take on vampires I've never thought of before - what would happen if the overcame humanity and took over the world. From what I've seen of it so far, it looks promising. *knocks on wood*

Normally I like vamps... but I have a bad feeling about this thing... and really have no interest in seeing it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

This looks too derivative of Blade and those crappy Underworld films to warrant anything more than a belated dvd rental...if that.

Hey now... Underworld is one of my guilty pleasure so don't dish on it... ... This thing, however, just looks beyond bad....