friendship movie of the late 80's or early 90's

Tools    

I have been driving myself crazy trying to think of any actress in this film or even a portion of the title. I hope someone out there can help me!! Quite some time ago, I rented a movie about a group of women who gathered together at a cabin for some reason (celebrating a b-day or perhaps just a gal pal get-together) and by the end of the weekend they realized that one of the women had cancer. I could have sworn that Christie Lahti was in it, but I can't find anything that she did that sparks a memory. They sat around the fire drinking wine....sat in the hot tub, drinking more wine, and it was a real tearjerker.

Hmmmm, been a long time since I've seen it and I don't remember many details (and what I do recall doesn't libe perfectly), but Live Nude Girls (1995) is about a group of lifelong female friends who reunite for a bachelorette weekend before one of them is married. It stars Dana Delaney, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Stevenson, Laila Robins and Olivia d'Abo. You can watch the trailer
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Is it Chantilly Lace? It is from 1993 and is about a bunch of women at a cabin. It has Martha Plimpton and Helen Slater. I think that it is the same plot, but I haven't actually watched it in years.