Ender's Game/ Ender's Shadow

Tools    

I found out awhile back that my favorite book was going to be made into a movie and I got excited. Then I heard that they were going to combine it with another book (the book is just as good don't get me wrong). I think this is a huge mistake because tough it is the same story told from two different character's viewpoints, they both hold their own water as stand alone novels. I think there is an untapped marketing gimmik here that could really make some money. If they were to make them as seperate mocvies and release them at the same time I think they would make quite a bit. Nothing like that has ever been done to the best of my knowledge and I think it would be very cool if done right.

rhymes with Goebbels
aw, well i always have faith in my wolfgang peterson. If he manages to work in luck dragons and german U-boats, i think we'll have a hit on our hands.

In the Beginning...
The biggest problem lies with the child actors. Orson Scott Card was stated specifically that he only wants kids in the roles - no casting older. But most kids just can't act, much less carry a film. We'll see.

Personally, i would much rather see a CGI movie. You can have the characters be children, and then use slightly older voices. I mean, these are intelligent children we're talking about. Not your average child. And the CGI would allow Orson to fully realize Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow as he meant it to be...

I read only the plot outline in IMDB and it sounds interesting and the fact that Petersen is Directing will have to be a relife for everybody, because at least will have some good effects