Need Help with Quicktime!

Tools    

I recently had to re-download Quicktime on my computer and for some reason , which has never happened to me before, I can NOT now save movies to my computer anymore. It won't let me.

Does anyone know what I can do to be able to do so????

What happens when you try to save movie? Error message...lock up... nothing?

Not sure if this helps, but here ya go:

1. How to save a QuickTime movie from your web browser without QuickTime Pro

If you load a QuickTime movie in your web browser but have not upgraded to QuickTime Pro, the "Save as QuickTime movie…" and "Save as source…" commands will not be available in the QuickTime plug-in.

Starting with version 3.0, Apple has offered an enhanced version of QuickTime called QuickTime Pro for USD 30. QuickTime Pro adds several important features to QuickTime. The one most people will notice is the ability to save movies from the QuickTime web browser plug-in. QuickTime Pro also adds editing features to QuickTime Player.

QuickTime Pro is worth USD 30 for many people. However, there are occasions when it may be desirable to download a movie to disk without QuickTime Pro:
  • <LI style="FONT-FAMILY: helvetica,arial,sans-serif">it may be necessary for you to use a the computer of a colleage or friend who does not have QuickTime Pro <LI style="FONT-FAMILY: helvetica,arial,sans-serif">perhaps you feel that the QuickTime Pro is not worth USD 30
  • you may decide not to pay again for the Pro features after you update QuickTime to a new release1
These instructions will show you how to save movies to your hard disk without QuickTime Pro installed.

When your web browser loads a QuickTime movie, most of the time it will do so using the QuickTime plug-in. This is a browser plug-in that allows the display of QuickTime content directly inside the web browser. In the address bar in your web browser, you can see the URL of the currently displayed file, be it a web page or another kind of file.

If the URL in the address bar ends in .mov, then the file displayed is a QuickTime movie. This is the simplest case, and saving the movie to your hard disk in this case is a one-step process. All you really have to do is choose "Save as…" from the File menu of your web browser and then specify where you want to save the .mov file.

If the URL in the address bar ends in .html or another extension, but you still see a QuickTime movie in the browser window, this means that the QuickTime movie is embedded in a web page. This complicates things a little bit because it means that you'll have to do a little work to find out the URL of the movie file itself. The simplest way to do this is often to view the HTML source of the web page. Web pages are often divided into multiple frames, and each frame has its own source. So viewing the source of the frameset page will not always show you the URL of the movie. In such cases, you must display the source of the frame in which the movie is embedded. The best way to do this is to right-click (or control-click) just to the side of the movie and choose "View source…" from the pop-up contextual menu that appears. When the source window appears, simply search through it for ".mov" until you find the URL of the movie. Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser window (or tab). When the movie has loaded completely, just choose "Save as…" from the File menu to save it to disk.

Thanks. I had Quicktime 6 and was able to save quicktime movies without using Pro. If my memory serves me right, I had a guy I knew give me a code for it so I was able to.

When I downloaded v.7 for windows it then wouldn't let me but I figured what the hell, I can now watch HD trailers !!!

Then I went to play the new Uncensored Land of the Dead trailer with v.7 and I coldn't because v.6 was needed. I decided to go back one and v.65 was available and got that.

My key (code) which I thought was still on the computer after he placed it on, is gone. I will just now do what is needed without orfering Pro as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks again. - Jason

dont use quicktime. it has never done good things for me.