MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
So, I already PM’d Yoda for advice and any criticism He may have, but since this is my first time on fantasy baseball, the rest of you can feel free to give me advice on not only my roster (not necessarily help me too much since this is a competition) but anything involving my draft and anything you think I should consider.
Don't give up on guys too early, as some dudes take time to find their groove. When I first started playing FBB, I would end up tossing good players to waivers, only to see them find their rhythm and excel for the rest of the season.

Oh yeah, that's the best blanket advice. It's true for all fantasy sports but it's particularly true for baseball, and particularly true for roto baseball. A few weeks isn't that long in the context of six months, but it can feel like an eternity when a guy's struggling (or killing it).

A system of cells interlinked
Anyone else do this?

*See a guy getting blown up in cactus league play*

"Bah, doesn't matter, it's Spring training!"

*See a guy with a dominant performance in cactus league play*

"This dude is going to be money all year!!"

Anyone else do this?

*See a guy getting blown up in cactus league play*

"Bah, doesn't matter, it's Spring training!"

*See a guy with a dominant performance in cactus league play*

"This dude is going to be money all year!!"

💯

I might get my Rays itch scratched yet, but only will be rewarded if I can practice patience. Junior Caminero and Chandler Simpson both in AAA currently, they would make a significant impact not just for the Rays when they're called up, but for any fantasy squad. So who is Chandler Simpson you ask? He might be the next coming of Billy Hamilton, but can hit for Avg and has a strong OBP too. He stole 94 bags last year in Durham. That'll do Pig. That'll do.

I'm cutting back on cuts.

But yeah, quick flurry post-draft once I get to actually sit down and look at what's left and what I had to snag in the moment, per usual. After that it's just reacting to relevant roster decisions from spring training here and there, which can ebb and flow and are currently ebbing. There's a couple of things I'm specifically looking out for, but after that, just gotta play some games.

Tak! So much for patience. There's just too many options available in Fantasy Baseball. All of us should have 40 man rosters just like they do in MLB. At least 26, which is how many are allowed to be under contract, or such. I dont know the fine details. hmph

I would 100% support an increase in roster/bench size, but that's generally a benefit to the people who pay the most attention and I try to be sensitive to people who want to be competitive without devoting scads of time to this.

Some people already think a daily roto league is too big of a time commitment, even with smaller rosters!

Sigh! While working his way back from a right hip inflammation, Josh Lowe injured his right oblique, grade 1 strain, and will not be ready for Opening Day.

Reminder to everyone that there's a weird early series in South Korea tomorrow. So early tomorrow our time that you'll wanna check your lineups today.

Reminder to everyone that there's a weird early series in South Korea tomorrow. So early tomorrow our time that you'll wanna check your lineups today.
Saw you nabbed Chris Sanchez off waivers which is always a solid confirmation that I shouldn't have dropped them there in the first place.

If it were a ways into the season, that'd be a reasonable conclusion, but keep in mind this is prime hoarding time, right before the season starts. I've got like nine dudes vying for what'll likely end up being six spots, so who knows.

If it were a ways into the season, that'd be a reasonable conclusion, but keep in mind this is prime hoarding time, right before the season starts. I've got like nine dudes vying for what'll likely end up being six spots, so who knows.
Ok I feel better, thank you
I'm drinking the Spring Training Gatorade (saying Kool-Aid seems wrong, macabre origins and such) on Luis Severino. If he is for real back to his old self now he'd have a higher ceiling.

Ok I feel better, thank you
I'm drinking the Spring Training Gatorade (saying Kool-Aid seems wrong, macabre origins and such) on Luis Severino. If he is for real back to his old self now he'd have a higher ceiling.
Well, far be it from me to give anything away, but if you'd kept Sanchez over Severino, I'd almost definitely have grabbed Severino. Bit of a dart throw but that's the kind of thing you wanna be doing early on, give lots of fringe guys a chance for a few starts and then start to cull. If there's signs they might hit that high ceiling, great. If not, relatively easy to cut bait and move on.

If anyone's looking for some raw homerun power for their lineup I would be willing to trade Kyle Schwarber for the right offer. Preferably another outfielder. Once the season starts and he hits some dingers im sure I'll want to keep him.