The Universal Monsters/Hammer Horror Crossover HoF

Tools    

I'm in! My favorite Universal is far from obscure though. Everyone's seen it I'm sure. Might have to go deeper in the weeds on the more obscure ones or suggest a Hammer.

Glad people are joining! So, does everyone want two noms (a Universal and a Hammer) or just one?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Glad people are joining! So, does everyone want two noms (a Universal and a Hammer) or just one?
I don't know about everyone else, but it'd help me gauge which Hammer films to checkout.

Yeah, I'd rather do two nominations each. Unless anyone objects, let's do that. Should be manageable since we don't have too many participants. So get those noms in! Nope, I'll need a Hammer flick from you.

The Abbott and Costello Meet movies are all Universal movies, do you think they should be included?

Abbott and Costello On Top

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
You can sign me up too, Swan! As with McConnaughay, my Universal will probably be one of the big ones that everyone have seen, and as for Hammer I'm gonna be forced to go digging in a filmography as well, seeing as I've never seen a Hammer movie. Should be interesting. Always try new things, right?

Awesome!

Remember, if you need to nominate a film from either studio you haven't seen but are interested in, feel free.

I may not nominate stuff so that if I personally don't finish, it's no biggie, but that's up in the air for now depending on amount of participants more than anything.
I hope you do nominate two films.

I sent in one of each, but if we have to eliminate one, keep my Hammer production.

Waiting for noms by Sir Toose and McConnaughay, then we can get going!

I don't think I'm going to nominate anything if that's cool with everyone. I will participate and do my best to get a list in but with my track record in HoF's and what happened with my last hosting job, I don't want to be any sort of burden to the process. I'm very happy to let you guys be the stars and just sort of stand back as the organizer. Also happy with how the nominations are turning out anyway.

I'm failing to remember how much time the specific HoF's usually go for, but I'm thinking of giving us three months. That's three months to watch 12 films. Would Friday, April 7 work for you guys as the deadline, or is that too much/too little time? I'm always okay with extending or vice versa if needed, depending on how this goes, but it would be nice to have something to aim for. Every HoF I can think of that hasn't had some sort of deadline in place has fallen apart (maybe I'm forgetting one).

Been wanting to watch Black Cat again anyway. Glad it's on the list. Kudos to Destiny for the Gorgon nom.. been wanting to find that one again too.

We should just shoot for watching both catalogs of films.

Just a heads-up, Swan. The movie I nominated was The Black Cat from 1934. The one you posted a poster of is the one from 1941. They share the same name, but the stories are different. The '34 one's about a POW seeking vengance, while the '41 one's about a dying woman and her greedy heirs. Just thought I'd let people know so they don't start watching the wrong movie.

And yes, we should watch both noms. Seeing as we're only six participants, 12 noms makes for a more or less standard HoF size. Go for all!

Yeah the plan is to watch both films from each participant.

Just a heads-up, Swan. The movie I nominated was The Black Cat from 1934. The one you posted a poster of is the one from 1941. They share the same name, but the stories are different. The '34 one's about a POW seeking vengance, while the '41 one's about a dying woman and her greedy heirs. Just thought I'd let people know so they don't start watching the wrong movie.
Woops, thanks for letting me know. I knew it was the Lugosi one, but I guess I didn't look at the poster closely enough. Sorry about that, will fix now.

The only one i've seen there is Dracula which i sadly wasn't a big fan of. If i'm in the mood for a horror i might watch one of those and post here about it if that's cool.

Have fun guys