Movies that make you think?

Tools    

What are your recommendations for films that make you think? that stick with you afterwards.

Subject matter or stuff I am into:

The occult, Thrillers, World cinema stuff like Oldboy, anime

Many Thanks

Can you expound a bit? Because the descriptors you're giving ("The occult, Thrillers") are not the kind of films I'd normally think of as "making you think."

I'm confused in your question ..??????????

For their own unique reasons, and in no particular order: "Silence of the Lambs", "Near Dark", "The Exorcist" (original theatrical cut), "The Cell", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (original), "The Hills Have Eyes" (remake -- no, really), "Wes Craven's New Nightmares", "Nighthawks", "In the Mouth of Madness" (John Carpenter), "Beyond the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon", "Night of the Living Dead" and "Dawn of the Dead" (originals), "Martin", "Red Dragon", "Psycho" (original, of course).

What do you mean by "world cinema"?

The occult: Possession, The cabin in the woods
Thrillers: Blue velvet, No country for old men
World cinema (which, by the way, doesn't mean anything): Las nueve reinas, Valz with Bashir
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death note

It might not go under any genre or sub-genre you have mentioned but I highly recommend Doubt (2008); a mystery movie that keeps me thinking every time I watch it. As for other recommendations of movies that hopefully fit your criteria, I've made a small list:
The Others (2001), The Sixth Sense (1999), Nocturnal Animals (2016), A Pure Formality "Una pura formalità" (1994), The Tenant "Le locataire" (1976), Kaidan (1964) try to watch the extended cut, Nightwatch "Nattevagten" (1994), The Vanishing "Spoorloos" (1988).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
World cinema as in non hollywood? Then I would say Diarios de motocicleta made me think.