Is this a Zorro Movie I think I remember?

Tools    

Hi. I'm trying to find out the name of a movie. In like 1984, I saw on TV version of Zorro, probably made in the early-1980s. It went like this. There were two identical twin brothers brought up in the Old West. The parents separted very early on and spit up the baby boys between them. One boy was brought up by a bandit and raised to be a rough and tumble cowboy hombre in old California. The other, brought up by his East Coast mother, when to college and became a lawyer. The story begins when the two brothers meet again for the first time, now as adult. The lawyer brother is married with a beautiuf wife and two children. He's accepted an appointment to be the Prosecuteing DA in the new Spanish town of Los Angeles. There is supposedly government corruption in the town an the Spanish crown wants him to clean up the town. The other brother, the badass tough guy, who is still single with no intrest in family or responsibility.

They have a great dinner all togther and part on good terms. A few days later the tough guy brother while out in the desert about a rob a train, he wakes from a terrible nightmare. He rides all night to a mountain pass and finds that his lawyer brother and family have all been gunned down. He assumes that it was the corrupt government officials that did it.

So, he takes his brother's clothes and luggage and assumes the identiy of his brother and goes to the town posing as him. During the day he fakes his way as a lawyer and government official. But at night he dons a mask and pulls vigilanti stuff to undermind the corrupt military govenor of the town.

It all ends with a big sword fight in a Catholic Cathederal that manages to get all the way up to the top of a belltower. The corrupt bad guy, who I swear, I think was Sean Connary (but I must be wrong about that) gets killed. falls to his death. A happy ending. the credits roll.

Do you know the name of this movie? I remember it as being pretty good.

Yeah, I think you're remembering George Hamilton's spoof Zorro, the Gay Blade.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
With the exception of two brothers who were separated many years ago, and both of them being Zorro, none of the rest of the description in the OP sounds like Zorro, The Gay Blade.

Zorro, The Gay Blade is a comedy. Neither brother is a married lawyer with kids, there's no train robbery, neither brother and/or his family are killed, and the corrupt bad guy doesn't die at the end.