Nedstarks Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Tools    

I am not sure there has been a Music Hall Of Fame. I need something to do music wise until the Tournament starts in January so I am going too do a country Music Hall Of Fame. I have 150 Slots in this hall ready. I will do 10 Songs In The Hall Per week.
I gladly take any nominations but would like all Nominations in by October 1.

My First Three Songs In The Country Hall Of Fame.

1 Folsom Prison Blues----Johnny Cash

Folsom Prison Blues was the title song of Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues Record he record live at folsom prison. Johnny later on did San Quentin and it too was live. But Folsom Prison was one of Johnny Cash most beloved songs and was released many times on Johnny Cash great hits recordings.

2 Sixteen Tons----Tennessee Ernie Ford

Tennessee Ernie Ford was not a country singer starting of he was an announcer but for some reason he tried his voice gift at singing and he released sixteen tons which would be his great single most famous song.

3 The Only Hell My Momma Ever Raised----Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck was a rebel singer much like Waylon, Willie and David Allen Coe. The 50s and 60s more or less paved way for rebel singers. Johnny best known song is certain too reach the hall here but this was one of his best songs.

4 If Heaven Aint A Lot Like Dixie

This was one of Hank Williams Jr First songs too hit big that was not him at the time trying too copy sing like Hank Williams senior like his mother wanted.
During this time Hank nearly died in a rock climbing accident. I recommend seeing the TV Movie about Hank Jr. Richard Thomas of The Waltons plays Hank.

5 Kawliga---Charlie Pride.

I do believe this was originally a Hank Williams Senior song but when Charlie sung this song I am sure even ole hank was certain this song was meant for him. Allot of people for years did not know Charlie Pride was a black man. When he sung for Chet Adkins they only heard his voice. But that's old news for once Charlie was established he became one of the most beloved singers with other hits. Not that their was a difference that Charlie was black or white man. My point kinda was the times it must of been hard for a black singer too get the spot light. In those days Country was mostly filled with white singers.

6 Streets Of Bakersfield----Dwight Yoakam and Buck Owens.

This song was in the grand time when country music videos were popular. Dwight and Buck became friends and Dwight even was at Buck Owens funeral. Buck Owens released the original song but this was my best memory of the song. Owens was on the long running Music Variety show called Hee-Haw . He co hosted many years with Roy Clark.

Can I suggest the inclusion of Merle Haggard - my favourites are:
Workin Man Blues
Swinging Doors
Sing Me Back Home
I'll Leave the Bottle on the Bar
Hungry Eyes
The Bottle Let Me Down

and Hank Williams:
Cold Cold Heart
Hey Good Lookin
Lovesick Blues
Honky Tonk Blues
I Heard that Lonesome Whistle Blow

I will try but I like too limit no more then 3 songs per legend being their are so many but duet songs is a different thing really.

7 Mama Tried----Merle Haggard

This will be 1 of 4 Songs sung by Merle to enter the hall of fame. I welcome comments on songs people like but this one is one of my favorite Haggard tunes.
Merle was doing time in prison and Johnny Cash happened too hear some of his work and helped him get a release and on his feet.

8 Some Broken Hearts Never Mind----Don Williams.

Williams was one of those solid popular country singers in the 70s and 80s who was famous because the unique sound of his voice made you feel his music.

9 Big Iron-----Marty Robbins

Marty Robbins had a long career and he has 2 songs in the Hall of fame some may say only two but only have so much space. Robbins was a very famous singer singing from 50s style much like Elvis too Western ballad singer. Marty raced in race cars and was one of the most beloved singers.

Tomarrow I will be posting my 10 th song and will not be posting anymore Songs in the hall till next sunday. So if anyone has any requests please get them in.

10 White Lightning---George Jones

This is one of 4 George Jones Songs that will be in the hall. White Lightning was one of George first big hits but personally maybe not his best song but still worthy too be in the hall at 10th place.

Its kinda a slow day so decided would post 2 New Hall Of Fame Songs Today then the rest Starting on Sunday.

11Your Cheating Heart--- Hank Williams Senior.

Hank Has two more solo songs in the hall and one more special duet one. Hank was a favorite singer my father liked too play. My dad could play a Guitar pretty well and Hank was sung allot at home and with my fathers friends. Hank too me alway sounded sad with his music.

12 Ruby----Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers One Of The Most Popular Country Singers but I always thought it was amazing that Kenny sound was really Pop more then country at times but his music and songs were so different from the other. One song could be a love song the other could be a Ballad about a Card Player on his last train ride.

13 North To Alaska----Johnny Horton

Johnny Had an interesting ballad voice really and North To Alaska was his biggest hit for it was the main opening title song too the only John Wayne comedy type western.

14 Im So Lonesome I Could Cry----Hank Williams Senior

A Lot of Hanks song seems almost sad and seem almost haunting wen you hear an old hank song which seemed too all be about women trouble.

15 Bobby Bare----Detroit City

Bobby Bare one of the still living country gems he had one of the best iconic voices of any singer. Bare is a living legend and its an honor too add him too the hall.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There are some great songs in this list, but since you said there will only be 150 entries, there are a few songs here that I think are questionable for the HoF.

1 Folsom Prison Blues----Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash definitely deserves to have several songs in the HoF, and while I can see why this is here, I think he has other songs that are more deserving.

2 Sixteen Tons----Tennessee Ernie Ford - Definitely YES!

3 The Only Hell My Momma Ever Raised----Johnny Paycheck - Good song, but IMO, it's not HoF worthy.

4 If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie - Hank Williams Jr. - Another good song, but IMO, Hank Jr. has much better songs.

5 Kawliga---Charlie Pride - Great song, but with only 150 entries, I'm not sure it belongs in the HoF.

6 Streets Of Bakersfield----Dwight Yoakam and Buck Owens - I'm not a big fan of either of these singers, but this is a great song. However, it's probably not a HoF caliber song.

7 Mama Tried----Merle Haggard - Definitely YES!

8 Some Broken Hearts Never Mind----Don Williams - I love Don Williams' voice, and it's very hard to decide which of his songs should be in the HoF, but this is one of his best. Definitely YES!

9 Big Iron-----Marty Robbins - Definitely YES!

10 White Lightning---George Jones - A great song, but only a "maybe" for the HoF.

11 Your Cheating Heart--- Hank Williams Senior - Definitely YES!

12 Ruby----Kenny Rogers - Another singer with so many great songs that it's hard to narrow it down to only a few, but this is a good choice.

13 North To Alaska----Johnny Horton - Definitely YES!

14 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry----Hank Williams Senior - Definitely YES!

15 Bobby Bare----Detroit City - With only 150 entries, this is only a "maybe" for the HoF.

Each Great Legend With several song will only get 4 slots do dont worry about spacing and trying too get the best songs in.