The Jungle Book Opens With 103 Mill.

Tools    

So how much will this make here and world wide. I only expected 60 million at best with Babershop sequel and Ice Cube and a Costner movie out.

Now ofcourse a sunday number is estimated and likely we could get more or less by final figures on monday.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Easy hitting the $1B mark. I'm guessing around 1.3B worldwide.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Its Disney and its world wide. My guess is it will cap less around 800 Million but then again it could still beat out the Huntsmen Winters War next week if had good word of mouth but. I think It will make maybe 40 mill and Hunstmen 2 will get 45 Mill.

The problem is for Chris Hemsworth is this if he gets beat by a Kids movie what does it say about him as a leading man when he is flopping in every movie not in the Marvel MCU, Chris Needs For Huntsmen To either tie or beat The Jungle Book.

The problem is for Chris Hemsworth is this if he gets beat by a Kids movie what does it say about him as a leading man when he is flopping in every movie not in the Marvel MCU, Chris Needs For Huntsmen To either tie or beat The Jungle Book.
I don't think Chris needs to be too concerned. He has been in some fizzers but I don't think too many exec's will hold it against him.

I think Jungle Book is the surprise movie this year to be as successful as it already has. It hasn't been marketed particularly hard in Australia. It's been a long time since the original animated story which I don't remember being an overwhelming hit in the day to warrant the nostalgia visit. I would of expected an incredibly short run followed by an incredibly cheap dvd release. I probably won't see it personally, just not my thing.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	12o6z4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24945  

I would not be surprised if disney would hire Jon too try and do the Lion King In this format. He could get Irons and even James Earl Jones back if they hurry do be in this movie.

I don't think Chris needs to be too concerned. He has been in some fizzers but I don't think too many exec's will hold it against him.

I think Jungle Book is the surprise movie this year to be as successful as it already has. It hasn't been marketed particularly hard in Australia. It's been a long time since the original animated story which I don't remember being an overwhelming hit in the day to warrant the nostalgia visit. I would of expected an incredibly short run followed by an incredibly cheap dvd release. I probably won't see it personally, just not my thing.
Im not saying WInters War wont be good cause Blunt and Theron could help boost the tickets. Im just have a feeling JB will be at number one twice and I think Chris would hope that this movie least tied or was number one one weekend. Cause I feel sorry for movies when Civil War hits.

Live action feature film versions of classic animated films will be the trend now.

Look out for The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Shrek to be made next...
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Live action feature film versions of classic animated films will be the trend now.

Look out for The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Shrek to be made next...
Shrek would be a step too far in my opinion. Also: they're already doing Beauty and the Beast.

I'm surprised anyone considers people like Chris Hemsworth film stars. They're franchise stars, but they've done nothing to show they can carry a movie on their own. That's not to say they can't be movie stars, but if anything outside of the franchise doesn't live up to expectations, it's obvious you're not the pull.

I'm surprised anyone considers people like Chris Hemsworth film stars. They're franchise stars, but they've done nothing to show they can carry a movie on their own. That's not to say they can't be movie stars, but if anything outside of the franchise doesn't live up to expectations, it's obvious you're not the pull.
In my mind since the franchise he stars in is made up of films adds to the film star title. Maybe it's the Aussie bias and the fact he was acting on TV here for years makes it seem like he has been around longer. I think he is a fine actor. I think he could given a good script hold his own. I think the crappy movies he has been in, no one would of been able to pull off.

I always thought the Jungle Book story was cool, especially for a little kid. Compared to what today? Ice Ages? Angry Birds? Get oudda here with all that

Next up.....Watership Down Well it should be. They could really do that justice today

I think he is a fine actor. I think he could given a good script hold his own. I think the crappy movies he has been in, no one would of been able to pull off.
I don't disagree with any of this, but it has nothing to do with being a movie star and carrying a movie. I think Rush shows that he's got the chops (and its numbers aren't bad) but it's not movie star stuff and I doubt The Huntsman: Winter's War will do anything to change it.

If They would have started This Back Story Winters War first and maybe when did the sequel we got Mink Kelly as Snow White then this movie might have been a worthy franchise and not some bad after thought because the previous movie director and actress hooked up and it over took the movie in the press.

I have to return some videotapes...
I'm really surprised at how well this is doing and it bodes well for the future of their live action universe. Wouldn't be surprised if this film crossed or at least came close to 1 bil.

Total Update

Domestically at 191 Million Ranked 182 On The Box Office Mojo List

World Wide Totals in Two Weeks Release
535 Mlillion Half A Billion For A Movie No One Counted As Being Much.