The Amazing Spider Man 2

Tools    

May as well start a thread on the sequel, there's been some more news popping up.

Jamie Foxx has been in talks to star as Electro. He's on many website billings though, so maybe a deal has been struck already????

There's been some news about there being a costume change too for Spidey. Bigger eyes, more patterning on the suit etc and a better looking/fitting suit all over. Sounds like another Raimi-esk touch to me.

More recent news I've found is that filming starts in Feb 2013, ready for a release in May 2014.

Garfield is set to return with Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Dennis Leary, Martin Sheen, Sally Field and Irffan Khan as Proto-Goblin.

As for the plot: News released about an hour ago says that Garfield wants Parker/Spidey to explore being Fatherless and Motherless and explore what it means for Spidey to be a self made man.
As for the rest of the plot, no details yet.

Emma Stone want's to die in the sequel to stay true to the comic.

^Good. The Death of Gwen Stacy is one of my favorite comic book stories ever, I would love to see a big screen adaptation.

I don't know about Jamie Foxx as Electro....

that's what she said...
Here is a copy/paste of an article:

Is this the face of the new Mary Jane?

Variety reports that The Descendants star Shailene Woodley is in talks to take on the role of Peter Parker's love interest Mary Jane in the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Whether this means a rivalry with Emma Stone's Gwen Stacey or whether Parker will hold to his promise to Gwen's father is yet to be seen.

For those who keep track of such things there is an eight year age gap between Andrew Garfield and Woodley in real life, which can be masked easily enough as long as Garfield maintains his baby face but before too long Sony is going to end up in the same situation they hit with Tobey Macguire: Their leading man being obviously much older than the character he is playing.

that's what she said...
^^ To be honest, I hope Shailene Woodley is NOT casted as Mary Jane. Yes, she is young and beautiful but for some reason I can't picture her as Mary Jane and just dont want her to be her!! It sounds stupid, but I am a major Spider-Man fan and I so far have LOVED the casted roles on the 2012 The Amazing Spider-Man and I just don't want it to be ruined with Shailene!!!! I'm sure if it's true and she gets the role that her character will grow on me... but when I see this actress ALL I can think about is Secret Life of an America Teenager and on that show her character just always irratated me. Not her fault I know, but still... it's one of those things where she is ruined in my eyes.

In a more positive speech tho, I LOVE SPIDER MAN AND I CANT WAIT FOR 2014 for THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2!!!!!!!!!

^^I have never seen that show but everyone tells me she is a bad actress.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

^ She was absolutely fine in the film The Descendents. Not bad acting at all.

After seeing the first film a few night back, I'm looking forwards to the second film a lot because I thought The Amazing Spiderman was fabulous.

I'm also not complaining about the new Mary Jane casting, couldn't stand Kirsten Dunst in the role in the Raimi films, so that casting is much better for me.

That Mary Jane looks like she would be cool! Garfield as Spiderman again is good...the rest of the movie...im fine.....lol. Ill see when the trailers come out..lol

It wasn't excellent,but it was okay, I think.I'm looking forward to the second

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
Emma Stone want's to die in the sequel to stay true to the comic.
I read about this; as much as I love Emma Stone, I hope they stick true to the comic..

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

I absolutely loved The Amazing Spider-Man (it's already one of my favorite movies), so I can't wait for this. Although I'm not sure how I feel about some of the casting so far. I'll be mad if Gwen is killed in this movie, I think they should wait until TASM 3 because it needs to be the Green Goblin.

A system of cells interlinked
The first flick was entertaining, but pretty run-of-the-mill for the most part. I doubt I would see it again. Emma Stone played Gwen pretty well, and Garfield was a good choice for Peter Parker, but I feel like he sort of phoned it in as Spidey. The dialogue in the flick was really uninspired, as well; typical boilerplate material across the board.

Gwen MUST die in the story, or they are just completely trashing the character. Gwen's death is a crucial turning point for Spidey, and once again brings home the theme of using power responsibly.

They are going to have to really step it up to even attempt to bring this flick even close to the level of Whedon's Avengers movie. Not much chance of that, since Whedon is a genius, and Mark Webb is not.

In the Beginning...
The first flick was entertaining, but pretty run-of-the-mill for the most part. I doubt I would see it again. Emma Stone played Gwen pretty well, and Garfield was a good choice for Peter Parker, but I feel like he sort of phoned it in as Spidey. The dialogue in the flick was really uninspired, as well; typical boilerplate material across the board.

Gwen MUST die in the story, or they are just completely trashing the character. Gwen's death is a crucial turning point for Spidey, and once again brings home the theme of using power responsibly.
Agreed, agreed. I thought the film had moments or real sharpness, but in the end I felt like it wasn't really a movie I'd see again or want to own. I've really lost interest in superhero films in general, though, so I try not to judge too harshly based on that. I liked both leads and everyone else involved, though it's hard not to feel like these movies are boilerplate after boilerplate.

They are going to have to really step it up to even attempt to bring this flick even close to the level of Whedon's Avengers movie. Not much chance of that, since Whedon is a genius, and Mark Webb is not.
Speaking of boilerplate, this seems as good a place as any to expound on The Avengers. It's a great film, don't get me wrong, but... you know what it is? It's Iron Man meets Transformers. The writing is fun, the explosions are many, and there's are plenty of moments that you'll probably remember in the way that you remember other whiz-bang first installments. But other than that, it's not the instant classic that everyone seems to believe it is.

And I don't think anyone can really say The Avengers really eschews the boilerplate formula either. Watching it, I always had the niggling feeling that I had seen this film before, or pieces of it, in dozens of other incarnations. There's also some really cringe-worthy dialogue in the film, centered mostly around the whole "dissent among the team vs. winning one for the gipper" angle. And I thought it was pretty weak...

WARNING: "The Avengers" spoilers below
...to use Agent Coulson's death as the impetus for everyone to "wake up" and come together as a team. The fact that this kind of thing is always used in movies for this purpose notwithstanding, it just felt a little like Whedon needed a fall guy, and unfortunately Coulson just wasn't enough for me. I would rather Whedon have found a more interesting and unpredictable way to rally his team.

Not sure what's happening with the movie at the moment.
Jamie Foxx was in talks to star as Electro but new news is that Paul Giamatti is now pencilled in as Rhino and apparently will be one of two villains, the other being played by Felicity Jones.

So maybe Foxx is out then???

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/paul-g...g-spider-man-2

the other being played by Felicity Jones
Oo, that's very interesting to hear. But I don't believe it's officially been said that she is playing a villain?

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
"In addition to the villains played by Foxx and Giamatti, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" cast also includes Dane DeHaan (as Harry Osborn), Shailene Woodley (as Mary Jane Watson), Emma Stone (as Gwen Stacy) and Andrew Garfield (as your friendly neighborhood spider-man)."
-Huffington Post (as of 11 hours ago)

I couldn't agree more. It probably won't happen in the next movie though. And it shouldn't either, not until the Green Goblin shows up. I just pray that they pull it off the way it ought to be.

Also, Shailene Woodley would be perfect for Mary Jane. She was great in The Descendants.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
There were a lot of mixed reviews when it came to The Amazing Spider-Man, but personally, not only did I find for it to be a deeply entertaining movie, I found it to be deep and well-played, featuring actors with commendable chemistry. A lot of people will run their mouths against them trying to make it parallel Batman's dark and gritty demeanor, but honestly, the only similarity that I saw was the way it was shot.

The cinematography was absolutely amazing, and much better than what we usually see from Marvel characters, although this movie was produced by Sony. I found for the story to be funny when it needed to be funny, and serious when it needed to be serious. I think that it did precisely what it was meant to do, which was apply the idea of Spider-Man onto something from the big-screen, and not trying to copy and paste itself as a cliche comic-book movie. I loved the Sam Raimi films as well, but I think that it was time that Spider-Man was allowed to reach his potential in-greatness.