Noah (2014)

Tools    

Noah (2014) Darren Aronofsky

With The Fountain being my favorite film, I am very excited to see some progress with Aronofsky's Noah, set to release in 2014. I bring up The Fountain because Darren assisted in putting out a graphic novel when he had production trouble with the film. He wanted the story out there badly. Well, Aronofsky helped with a Noah graphic novel before he thought he could get production companies to sign on to a film project. It just shows that this is a story Aronofsky wants to create. He has been talking about it for years, so imagine what a great mind like Darren will do with something he is so passionate about.

If the graphic novel tells us anything, this will be a science fiction type epic.

More photos

Here is a synopsis from the graphic novel

"It was a world without hope, a world with no rain and no crops, dominated by warlords and their barbarian hordes. In this cruel world, Noah was a good man. Seasoned fighter, mage and healer but he only wanted peace for him and his family. Yet every night, Noah was beset by visions of an endless flood, symbolizing the destruction of all life. Gradually he began to understand the message sent him by the Creator. He had decided to punish the men and kill them until the last. But he gave Noah a last chance to preserve life on Earth"

And, finally, some progress from the set. The first look at Russell Crowe as Noah.

The screenplay was written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and revised by Academy Award-nominated screenwriter John Logan (Gladiator, Hugo).

Joining Crowe in the film is Jennifer Connelly as Noah's wife, Naameh, Ray Winstone as Noah's archenemy Tubal-Cain, Emma Watson as Noah's adopted daughter, Ila, and Douglas Booth and Logan Lerman as his sons, Shem and Ham. Anthony Hopkins plays Noah's ageless grandfather Methuselah. Dakota Goyo, Kevin Durand and Marton Csokas also co-star.

[ropeofsilicon]

I think this could be a great movie. Russell Crowe is perfect for the role. Great actor a devout believer. I could see him very much as Noah. And Jennifer Connelly is perfect as Noah's wife. Their chemistry in a beautiful mind should transfer over.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Firstly.. and, I think.. I've mentioned this. Your favourite movies list is my favourite list on this site.

I agree, I love The Fountain, but I wasn't really impressed with Black Swan, I thought it was hugely overrated.. anyway, I hope this will cater to me as much as The Fountain did. Although the cast isn't overly exciting to me, hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Noah stepping on a land SOAKED WITH BLOOD, giant Nephilim creatures made of stone being helpers building the ark (actually that is invertion of what all mythology and compared religions tell us: they were the bad guys teaching violence, war and being cannibal sodomites); animals sleeping in the ark; a plant taken from Garden of Eden which allows Star Trek Genesis Project in no time. No robes but more like Lord of the Rings costumes.

Noah stepping on a land SOAKED WITH BLOOD, giant Nephilim creatures made of stone being helpers building the ark (actually that is invertion of what all mythology and compared religions tell us: they were the bad guys teaching violence, war and being cannibal sodomites); animals sleeping in the ark; a plant taken from Garden of Eden which allows Star Trek Genesis Project in no time. No robes but more like Lord of the Rings costumes.
I don't think any of us have any idea what this means. Are these things you hope to see in the move? Context, please.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yoda, if you really were all-knowing and all-seeing, you'd understand it, but then you'd be sorry you did.

These are scenes you will see in the film. I understand you remain skeptical. Wait and you shall see.

Er, I haven't expressed any skepticism. I simply asked you what you were talking about because you launched into a series of descriptions without any explanation.

But since you brought it up, I see two possibilities: either a) you're guessing, in which case skepticism is warranted, or b) you're simply describing things from the graphic novel, in which case I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Or c) real scenes already shot. Hence I repeat my utterance for the last time otherwise I'd grow fatigue: wait and see.
Be good.

Or d) You've been looking around the internet and picked up a few tidbits.

Any chance you have been writing a Mario script for Disney...just wondering.

Of course me and everybody including yourself get information via internet. For instance I have seen via twitter the filming of Exodus with some pics in the same way I have info about Noah. Now you want to remain skeptical or just wanna have an argument for nothing. i don't care. What I wrote shall remain and you will remember I post here with anticipation.
so far nothing else to add.
Be good. If I wanted to see something else or just mention the drawings I would've said it.

I think what he's getting at is that, if you're just posting information you got from Twitter, it would make sense to label it as such. Both because the alternative makes it sound like you're claiming privileged information, and because it's really confusing if you don't.

It's also, you know, kind of a vague spoiler for people who may or may not want to know what to expect. So you should preface what you're posting, whatever the source, so people can decide if it's something they want to read or not.

Once again you're setting things the way you want. Now your advice is I have to preface when I have already written specifically these scenes have been shot. Since you ask the source I DID answer the source was twitter but you reply again unsatisfied and advice me I should label as twitter source before hand as if I had telepatic skills to guess everybody is in need to know every single source of any comment. You asked the source and I responded but that wasn't enough, was it?

What on earth is spoiler for Christ's sake? Mentioning scenes like ground soak in blood and stone giants? If I say something that is somehow a secret or incredible revelation but not these. I guess you have your own "unwritten rules" about what is spoiler or not, right?

Do you know what is an apetizer? Is something that makes people wanting more. I don't have to preface anything at all. if people ask, I do answer and I did. I don't have a priviliged information. I seek and I find, period. You Mr maybe the reason why this forum has a low number of posters posting ... well, what they post here.

Keep on doing the bad work for 13 years more or 30 for that matter. I am out. It was good to know about this forum but it's better to forget all about it.

Unregistered User
Once again you're setting things the way you want. Now your advice is I have to preface when I have already written specifically these scenes have been shot. Since you ask the source I DID answer the source was twitter but you reply again unsatisfied and advice me I should label as twitter source before hand as if I had telepatic skills to guess everybody is in need to know every single source of any comment. You asked the source and I responded but that wasn't enough, was it?

What on earth is spoiler for Christ's sake? Mentioning scenes like ground soak in blood and stone giants? If I say something that is somehow a secret or incredible revelation but not these. I guess you have your own "unwritten rules" about what is spoiler or not, right?

Do you know what is an apetizer? Is something that makes people wanting more. I don't have to preface anything at all. if people ask, I do answer and I did. I don't have a priviliged information. I seek and I find, period. You Mr maybe the reason why this forum has a low number of posters posting ... well, what they post here.

Keep on doing the bad work for 13 years more or 30 for that matter. I am out. It was good to know about this forum but it's better to forget all about it.