Thor: The Dark World

Tools    

Marvel's Thor: The Dark World - Clip 1

Marvel's Thor: The Dark World - Featurette 2

I just love the flavor of that Loki conversation. I don't want to see too much but that small clip gives nothing away.

Man, that chick in Thor's group is so hot! She was distracting me when I watched it a week ago, and she wasn't even wearing anything revealing.
What happens when she does reveal?

Thor was one of the best superheroes I've seen. I am not just talking about the casting and the fact we saw Loki not evil "per se" but because he felt the pain of a rejected outcast son and envy towards his brother but mainly because the sets, the golden environment, the icy rainbow bridge, the waterfalls and even the horse with added hoofs, the outfit and helmets TRANSPORTED ME to Asgar realms. This was no Spiderman swinging in New York city or any hero fighting here on earth. I remember when I saw for the first time Burton's first Batman I was transported too to a real GOTHIC GOTHAM city so the architectural view of the film was as important as watching the Nebulas in 3D in Thor.

Considering this universe borrows a lot from Viking world, I would've expected director and producers had researched movies like The Vikings filmed in Oslo in the 60's with a great deal of attention to Vikings houses, costumes, ships, clothes, helmets without horns and so on. They had done a great work in this first Thor but for the pics I have seen so far I hope I won't see Lord of the Rings inspiration because that won't look as impressive as the first film. Wishful thought, of course. They do what they want.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I love this story! It just made me so happy.

Taken from IGN -

A movie theater in Shanghai has unintentionally come up with some brilliant viral marketing for Marvel's Thor: The Dark World.

A fan-made poster for Thor 2 has been making the rounds online in recent weeks, and depicts Thor (Chris Hemsworth) cradling his nefarious brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in a loving embrace.

Well, as it turns out, a Chinese cinema mistook this Photoshopped image for the real thing and used it to promote the superhero sequel in their theater. I guess nobody told them about the actual poster, which has Thor pulling the same move on his girlfriend Jane (Natalie Portman).
First of all here is the official poster

And then here is the fan poster that was used in the Chinese cinema

That's rich, Jaydee. It's a great poster to appeal to the female audience, though.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

We've gone on holiday by mistake
LOL that poster is so ghey.

Should be called "Thor and Loki's Dark Past".

We've gone on holiday by mistake
That's rich, Jaydee. It's a great poster to appeal to the female audience, though.
hmmmm I think it might actually have greater appeal for a "different" kind of audience.

This looks like a really good movie and i'm definitely going to see it. I hope its not a movie that they rushed through. Hopefully they took the time to put effort in making this a really good movie.

hmmmm I think it might actually have greater appeal for a "different" kind of audience.
True, but in the anime world, it's all about yaoi, or male characters making out and doing other inappropriate things. That market is dominated by female readers, so that was the logic I was applying here lol.

Women are funny like that. "Wardrobe malfunctions" like that never happen to men. Only women find the need to wear something so close to revealing that they end up revealing anyways.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
From the reviews I've read the movie has a bit of Spiderman 3/ (Not Very) Amazing Spiderman syndrome with too much going on and not enough time to resolve everything. There's supposed to be a fairly interesting twist at the end but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of Loki appearing to die then showing up again later since Thor always falls for Loki's illusion tricks. I'll probably check out when it's out on DVD but it doesn't sound good enough to warrant watching it in a theater.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I saw the movie, it was ok bt the role of Loki was interesting

8/10

Obviously, I had very high expectations for this film and, for the most part, it did not disappoint. I was so happy with how epic everything felt. It’s safe to say that Thor The Dark World is an epic adventure pure and simple. This movie truly knows what it wants to be and it delivers. The action and grand adventure are off the charts. That said, as a fan, I wish its objective would have been a little more focused. It clearly wants to space the dark and emotional beats in the film with humor. A few times, I feel that the concept was taken one step too far. They really should have left certain heavy moments linger longer. Also, it could have used more development and character beats from the supporting players. Sif, Heimdall, Volstagg and Fandrel all got brief moments of wonderful action to shine but I would have liked to have seen each given more depth. I know that’s a lot to ask in a two hour film but that doesn’t make me wish for it any less. It could be argued that is the trade off for having the epic flare be off the charts.

Bad placement of lighter moments and lack of supporting character development are two weaknesses of this film of note. Two note-worthy strengths are the use of Loki and the impressive visuals on display. Honestly, this could be the most visually stunning movie the genre has ever produced. Loki was written PERFECTLY. The complex nature of the turn of events regarding Loki towards the end of the film is simply masterful. The overall plot certainly isn’t complex but what Loki managed to deliver is brilliantly written.

Overall, an epic and high charged grand adventure that I feel needed a bit more depth but still delivers a supremely entertaining film.

Saw the movie today . Spectacularly dazzling special effects make the movie a visual treat .

Do watch the movie in IMAX 3D format if possible .

I saw the movie and although I liked it, I felt the first had a more elegant plot, more heart and better judged comedy.

That said kudos to Marvel for not making a bad movie in 7 attempts...that's some record. (Iron Man 2 is a mess but still fun and not half as bad as some suggest).