What do you want for Christmas?

Tools    

I know Santa Clause visits this forum on a regular basis. The dude has been a close personal friend of mine since I was 7 years old. He says there's nothing to do at the North Pole but rent movies and get his groove on with Mrs Clause. Lol. He also has a phat home theatre system. He's busy watching Reindeer Games right now but he wants me to make a list for him.

LOL!

I want a big ol' 25-inch TV, a cool DVD player, and some DVDs. I'm probably gonna buy myself the TV for around $200, and I already own a DVD (they're cheap anyway). The DVD player will be about $150-200 - I might use some Christmas money to pay for part of it...not sure yet. Might be better to save.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'll take an actual DVD player, instead of a DVD-ROM. Some certain DVD's. The Frighteners, Event Horizon, Robocop, and Starship Troopers. Some other stuff would be cool.

So whos gonna buy it for me?

Didn't see it.
I just can't decide. Either Dreamweaver or GoLive, but I don't know which is better.

Didn't see it.
What a doofus I am. My company can buy the software. I want DVDs--and lots of them!

I've got one DVD already - "The Matrix" - I've had it for something like 6 months now. My grandma wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday, so I asked for that, plain and simple. I figure I'll be buying a nice big TV and a DVD player at some point anyway.

For Chanuka, I could use some money.

Ah, money. Simple and straightforward. I'm lucky enough to have one household just give me some cash, and the other go the traditional way with wrapped presents under the tree. Of course even the cash household has a tree, and the grandma at that house still insists on brining presents to put under the tree.

Money can be tricky though, of course. If someone buys me something cheap, but something I really like anyway, it just doesn't matter. With cash, you're putting a price on them!

well that's my problem, i just can't decide what i want! the thing is is that i have already gotten 4 of my own dvds (matrix, MI:2, u-571, and 007) and i watch the on my dvd rom, and i also am getting an mp3 player i won here anytime, and so i already have all i want! the only other thing i can think of is a dvd player, but i dunno cause dvd's are kinda spendy to rent, and to buy them they're kinda expensive, which is a reason why my parents said that if i did get a dvd player that i would have to get all the dvd's my self, which i dunno if i wanna do. SO i'm thinking i'll build up my collection and watch those on dvd=rom, then maybe after i get 10+ dvd's i'll get an actual dvd player. was that confusing? I might be able to convinc my parents to get freedsl.com, but actually my Christmas present would be the dsl modem which is 200 bucks, then we'd get the dsl. But heck man, i hope freedsl is really fast, the main reason i want it is for fast d/l!

Hmmm, what else do u think a 14 year old boy should get?

lol, did any of that above stuff make any sense at all?

i'm a very confusing child -Brian

All I want for Christmas is somebody to buy all my remaining VHS tapes so I'll have more room for DVDs. I don't really want any more DVDs since I'm completely out of room now. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary for me and my DVD player. It's enough to bring a tear to my eye. So I ask you, is 550 DVDs in one year extreme?? I don't think so either...lol. If I had a Christmas wish, I'd wish that Paramount would hurry up already with putting The Godfather Trilogy on the market. Same goes for you, Mr. Lucas, I want my Star Wars box set (insert tantrum here). Maybe I ought to ask for a life...lol.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

You kidding Brian? DVDs are quite cheap. Your average $15 VHS tape will cost you from $15-20 (sometimes $25, but rarely) on DVD - and it comes with extra features.

Renting might be a bit more though, I'm not sure about that. DVDs are only going to get cheaper, and some of them are already priced the same as their VHS counterparts.

well, we like NEVER buy VHS's, we always rent, usually 1-2 a week, theres no point in buying a movie unless ur gonna watch it 15 times+, which we usually don't. so that's why i consider them expensive, (dang, too bad i don't have cable, i could d/l movies off the internet, ahhhhhh!)

-Brian

I'll take a CD-Writer, a DVD Player, and an endless supply of protein!

Wohoooooooo, i bought myself a dvd player! i should be recieving it from amazon.com this tuesday! i can't wait, i'll be able to play all of my big collection of 7 dvds! (007 world is not enough, u-571, MI:2, Saving P. Ryan, Matrix, shanghai noon, x-men) thats pretty pathetic i can list them all in one line compared w/that one lady w/over 500 dvd's, i'm just 14, i can't afford 20-25 per dvd lickety split like that, i gotta save up, then buy, save, then buy.....

OH wonderful, the xbox was just revealed, i was planning on selling my rave mp2200 mp3 player on ebay for like 250, then i was gonna buy some dvd's, bah, i want an xbox though, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. whateva! lol

-Brian

fyi (it's a panasonic dvd player, it was 230 with a 50 mail in rebate)

MovieForums Extra

Well, I could use a new PC, my old one's getting a bit slow...maybe one of those new P4's with about 1250 MHz, some 256Mb RAM, a DVD player, CD Burner, 40Gb Hard disk and a cable modem would be very nice! Oh yeah, not to forget a 20" monitor, 128Mb Voodoo 6 video card and a AWE 64 sound card

Or maybe we should just wish for peace on Earth and good will to Mankind (and Womankind to be politically correct)

AAAAAWWWWWW that was cute. You just got a big smile out of me for that one!

I used some of my Christmas money (a big chunk of it actually!) on computer/programming books...got one on ASP (Active Server Pages), and another on JavaScript, as well as a small accompanying pocket guide.

Likely to buy a book on CSS or DHTML with some non-Christmas money soon, too. I love computer books.