Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

Iyeoka's song knocks Dream Lover into next week. Tsk, no taste.
I'm agree

Hush. "Dream Lover" is a classic. The other thing is just another sultry woman singing in front of a microphone, like thousands more before and after her.

Hush. "Dream Lover" is a classic. The other thing is just another sultry woman singing in front of a microphone, like thousands more before and after her.
No, Dream Lover is a decent but familiar song. Iyeoka is a young woman with talent that needs to be more recognised. To call someone 'just another sultry woman' isn't becoming of you SC.

No, Dream Lover is a decent but familiar song. Iyeoka is a young woman with talent that needs to be more recognised. To call someone 'just another sultry woman' isn't becoming of you SC.
If Miss Vicky had said it - and I could so see her saying such a thing - you'd still send in a vote for her to become MoFo President.

I thought Iyeoka was going to win and I was perfectly at ease with it. An awesome song that I didn't know is the best nomination in my mind.

As far as I can tell, I had three songs, you had two, and Cricket had one. We are now down to one song each. I will be posting them in a list, so that we can all rank them in order.

Christine, since you said it's no big deal, and GBG prefers this (I can understand why), I'm going to stick with everyone PMing the final set of three, to me. I'll try to remember posting all of the PMs, when it's over. You can always shout at me, if I forget.

So, PM these to me, and ONLY PM these to me . . .

In my opinion, of the three remaining songs, it would go like this:

WINNER:
Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher

RUNNER UP:
Bobby Darrin ~ Dream Lover

THIRD PLACE:
Harry Nilsson-Without You

So Christine, you still win the tournament in my fantasy scenario, just not with Iyodela, or whatever her name was.

In my opinion, of the three remaining songs, it would go like this:

WINNER:

RUNNER UP:

THIRD PLACE:

So Christine, you still win the tournament in my fantasy scenario, just not with Iyodela, or whatever her name was.
Ah it's not about the winning tho, it's about the song!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I sent my votes for the final round, but I'm kind of sad that the two songs I was rooting for both lost in the last round.

I wanted "Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e" to win, and "Iyeoka - Simply Falling" to be the runner-up.

I sent my votes for the final round, but I'm kind of sad that the two songs I was rooting for both lost in the last round.

I wanted "Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e" to win, and "Iyeoka - Simply Falling" to be the runner-up.
Yep, I wanted L~o~v~e to win, as well. Then I wanted the song that beat it, Harry Nilsson ~ Without You, to win second place. Oh well. Anymore, I have a lot of songs that last all the way down to the end, but I never seem to win. I actually thought I won, a few tournaments ago, but I'm not listed, so I suppose not.

Ummm, we are still missing votes. I really want this to end by the last day of the month. That's tomorrow.

Cricket, ME, Christine, GBG, Chyp, and ED. If I don't have Tattwo's, MoJo's, and Ned's votes by tomorrow, I'm going to finish up, anyways.

Harry
Bobby
Jackie

In that order
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ned, I see you on line, and I just PMed you, typing over and over for you to ONLY PM your votes to me. Please make sure you ONLY PM them to me.

Thanks!!!

OK, I am in a really pissed off mood right now, and no, it's not because I lost . . . again.

Anyways, Swan got back to me first, and I'm not waiting on Ned. No offense, dude, but you PMed me that you'd do this, and then you left. It's March, and I'm way over it.

So, like I wanted, since my L~o~v~e lost, Harry won.

Then my Bobby tied with Jackie. I finally got a reply, and Swan picked Jackie over mine.

p.s. I was going to end this quick, and just use my kids. In case anyone ever doubts my children's honesty, when I use them . . . Way back when, they picked a song over my Halloween Theme. My all-time favorite movie. Tonight, neither of them could choose between Bobby and Jackie, and ironically enough, my son is the one that picked Bobby for my list. Now THAT'S honesty.

Actually, Swan said . . .

"the last two are literally interchangeable for me (both good)"

but when he did his list . . .

So there we go, without a fancy page, because this bitch just doesn't care anymore . . .

The Winner:

The Runner Up:

Thank God it's over, and I'm not updating the list.