The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

what the? Who on earth writes some of those silly definitions? Tht 'false positive' comment is so lame it gives me faux outrage. So if a woman doesn't put up with nonsense and stands her ground she's a futch? I've never heard of this label before but it just screams stupidity trying to cover all bases. Sorry, John McC. Why can't people just be people without being typecast.
I think it's because naming things gives them an air of objectivity. In addition to subtly shaming people ("what, you've never heard of X?"), it implies that something is merely being diagnosed or identified, rather than proposed or invented.

Whether employed positively or negatively, having a word to refer to things essentially lets us off the hook of having to really consider them.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think it's because naming things gives them an air of objectivity. In addition to subtly shaming people ("what, you've never heard of X?"), it implies that something is merely being diagnosed or identified, rather than proposed or invented.

Whether employed positively or negatively, having a word to refer to things essentially lets us off the hook of having to really consider them.
Interesting topic. Probably needs a thread of it's own.

You ready? You look ready.

So I used to hate having my picture taken, much less anyone looking at photos of me, but now I wish I had more photo happy friends.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Hey, I figured out how to do it. (I had to go back to messages and find the ones from GBG and Rules on how to post photos from my computer.)
I don't have many of myself... but here's one circa 1974. Told ya I was a weird kid. I wasn't as in touch with my female side at this age, just my cool side!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Young Mr. Cool.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	29097  

From roughly around the same time - my very first drawing of the original "Captain Steel." He had a metal helmet (which here looks like a bowl) and what was supposed to be an I-beam on his chest! Bwah-ha-ha! An I-beam!!!

And a much later drawing circa 1980's

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	29098   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptainSteel.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	29099  

Women don't go to bed in dresses?
No, but if they are the type to grow facial fuzz (Like John has in that photo), then they wax it off, before a photo is taken.

My niece and her furry friend
She is so freakin' adorable.

So if a woman doesn't put up with nonsense and stands her ground she's a futch? I've never heard of this label before but it just screams stupidity trying to cover all bases.
I've actually never heard that. It's always been how a woman dresses, how she has her hair, the fact that she doesn't wear make-up, how she carries herself, etc . . . I've always looked very feminine, but I've ALWAYS stood my ground. Most of the fights I've picked, were with men, but the most they ever called me, was one crazy bitch. "I'm not fighting her. That f~ing bitch is crazy." I normally replied, announcing that they called me that, so they wouldn't look weak. I then added that they turned me down, because they're *******. That's all I've ever heard . . . That I'm one crazy bitch. By the way, I'm not denying it any.

It's true, though. There's a freakin' label for everything.

It's true, though. There's a freakin' label for everything.
I know, right. One I take issue with (and I'll step off my high horsie) is labelling someone a muslim when it's not in context. People dont get called christians out of context. Why label someone by a book they may or may not follow. He's brown so I'll just call him muslim, or she's wearing a headscarf so I'll just label her a muslim.

Rant of the morning done and dusted.

People dont get called christians out of context.
If this is what you mean, then yes, they do when they vote Republican. Way back when Bush won, I saw a lot of jokes online about us being the United States of Jesus Christ, etc . . . I see a lot of jokes made when the elected president is Republican.

Miss Vicky, William is gorgeous! That great little grin

Edit: Actually is he called William or is that who made the vid?

If this is what you mean, then yes, they do when they vote Republican. Way back when Bush won, I saw a lot of jokes online about us being the United States of Jesus Christ, etc . . . I see a lot of jokes made when the elected president is Republican.
Sure, and it's used as a slur, right? But do they get branded christian simply because of the colour of their skin and what clothes they have on? That's why I don't really like labels these days I think - they open it up to misuse to put someone down. My neighbour wears hijab and she's non practising. I wore headscarves when I went through chemo and I'm not the least bit religious, but I got called a white sand N***** one day. I just said I;m bald, you wanker.

Sure, and it's used as a slur, right? But do they get branded christian simply because of the colour of their skin and what clothes they have on? That's why I don't really like labels these days I think - they open it up to misuse to put someone down. My neighbour wears hijab and she's non practising. I wore headscarves when I went through chemo and I'm not the least bit religious, but I got called a white sand N***** one day. I just said I;m bald, you wanker.
OK, I love that you spoke up to that person, and the "wanker" was hilarious. As far as being branded a Christian, I think that if I had a Trump sticker on my jeep, or if I was wearing a George Bush T-shirt, then yes, that's what I'd be titled. Republicans do get branded Christians, Jesus freaks, etc . . . I've seen it soooo often. Neither are right to do.

I wore headscarves when I went through chemo and I'm not the least bit religious, but I got called a white sand N***** one day. I just said I;m bald, you wanker.
Christ seriously ? I can't imagine anyone even saying that to someone else. How effing ignorant

Christ seriously ? I can't imagine anyone even saying that to someone else. How effing ignorant

Just a complete ignoramus and I wasn't personally affronted (except for the Sand N comment which I think is utterly disgusting) but it made me realise what muslim women are going through for wearing hijab. dteam told me women are having their hijabs ripped off in USA. Same thing is happening here. Makes me think of my neighbour who is the sweetest woman, nd her husband is the retired admin for a christian hospital here. Adorable couple, have an aussie bbq for friends and family almost every weekend. If they were racially vilified I would be pretty beeping angry, nd this is happening all over. It's straight out bullying by tools who think they can get away with it.

OK rant over. Until next rant...

Miss Vicky, William is gorgeous! That great little grin

Edit: Actually is he called William or is that who made the vid?
His name is William.

He looks a lot like my brother. It's amazing how strong those Asian genes are. My SIL is white and my brother and I are half Japanese and half white.

Yesterday the Council decided to put white lines onto all the parking spaces on my street because people round here park like **** in a field...

Glad to see they're working...