The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Why Sanshiro Sugata, is Nope too busy now with the Sci-Fi Countdown? Speaking of people being busy, has anyone seen Topsy around lately?

If no one else is doing it already, I can send a mass PM. What did you want it to say? Just a reminder about the deadline and that those films may be disqualified?
Nope has only watched three films with two weeks left. Well according to my post anyway, he'd need to watch a movie a day practically. Topsy's last post was 10 days ago.

I'll send her a message on Facebook. Hopefully she hasn't gotten into another accident or something.

Yea Cosmic it would be great if you could do that to let people know to hold off on those two movies. I'd do it myself if I knew how.
It's done.

If you need to send a mass PM in the future, you just separate everyone's usernames with a ";", without the quotation marks. So if I wanted to send a message to you and Camo, I would write it to:

Camo; cricket

I never knew how to mass PM, i didn't bother to find out either. I was helping Harry get lists in for the Docs Countdown and i honestly believe the fact that i sent individual ones instead of a cold impersonal mass one got him more lists haha.

I learned how to send PMs to multiple people in the first Survivor game I played. I probably wouldn't have learned otherwise haha. And yes, I sent that PM to literally everyone, including people who had already finished. It was easier.

I sent Topsy a message on Facebook, but I don't think she's been on there in a long time either. She was only using it to talk to me and CiCi for the Mofies. But if she has email notifications left on, maybe she'll still see it.

Could be PC problems like she has mentioned before. She might see it on her phone or whatever though, as i know some don't like to come on here on their phone.

Let the night air cool you off
I don't think I'll be able to finish.

jk, I'm half way through Joe and would only have The Man from Nowhere left, and I probably won't have to watch it.

Not sure if that's better or worse than falling for the username code. Probably worse because if I had bothered to quote the post I would've seen it haha.
The username code should be eliminated, worst thing on the site. White text is pretty funny though if used in moderation.

There's no white text there if you check you're an idiot.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Right, that's all the red carpet fashion I can take. Time to be more creative in using my time. Therefore, I'll watch Midnight run until the ceremony starts.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
U-Turn

Still Lucky!

How much bad luck can one man accumelate, and how does he manage to unload all of it in one point of time?

In this whole movie, there isn't one single good character, talking in terms of morality rather than quality. The tricky thing is determening who's the least bad, and I think that honor goes to the blind beggarman played by Jon Voight, acting the part of backstory provider for the audience as well as a soundboard for our so called protagonist, played by Sean Penn. The beggarman is also my favourite character in the movie, spouting harsh words and pseudo-spiritual, native american-esque mumbo jumbo. And dragging around a dog he can seemingly bring back from the dead on a whim...so that's cool...I think?

As far as quality goes though, this has it in spades in the form off a very heavy-laden cast, including Billy-Bob redneck, Lawman Booth, sceeming Lopez, pederast Nolte and the esplodin' Phoenix. All of them are entertaining, if somewhat underused at times. Pheonix character is little more than a cameo, having two scenes and seemingly only to be in the movie to eat a ticket and stop Penn from enjoying a drink. While not Commodus levels of entertaining, he's enough of a fun element to justify being there and giving Penn someone to feel superior to.

Also, is this Liv Tyler's movie debue or something? She pops up for all of maybe 20 seconds, standing behind Penn in the line to buy a bus ticket and is then never seen again. It's such a wierd blink-and-miss-it thing that it must either be a cameo, or it's just her before Armageddon and Lord of the Rings.

Overall, it's an entertaining watch with more backstabbing and cross-scheming than any movie has a right to. It keeps you guessing throughout the movie, but my feeling is that if you'd come back to this movie, it won't be for the story itself, rather, you'd come back for the characters and to sit laughing at Penn for two hours. It's a hard, brutal, funny movie which I enjoyed, but I think it will be a while before I'll come back to it again.

A good and funny nom, Topsy!

Pheonix character is little more than a cameo, having two scenes
Three actually. The diner scene, the time he's interrupted outside by the cop and told his momma is looking for him and the ticket scene.

Good review.