Forgotten Actors in need of a Comback

Tools    

I ate all your bees.
There are a few actors that I really liked back in the day that seemed to have disappeared or been relegated to straight to video releases. Tom Berenger for one, I really liked him in Shoot to Kill (Or Deadly Pursuit as I know it), Platoon & Sniper. Another would be Michael Beihn, He was great in Terminator and Aliens. Also theres Michael Keaton, although he's not suffering as bad as the first two. I’m a big fan of his whether it be Comedy, Thriller's or whatever. I really liked his stint on 'Frasier' which just recently aired on Australian TV.

Anybody else have some Actors that seem to have been forgotten and would like to see make a comeback?

Michael Richards

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Michael Keaton, although he's not suffering as bad as the first two. I’m a big fan of his whether it be Comedy, Thriller's or whatever. I really liked his stint on 'Frasier' which just recently aired on Australian TV.

Anybody else have some Actors that seem to have been forgotten and would like to see make a comeback?
Michael Keaton is in 'Frasier"

Matthew Modine

Put me in your pocket...
Michael Keaton!
I loved him in NightShift, Mr. Mom, Beetlejuice, Much Ado About Nothing and of course the first Batman. I'd love to see him in another hit movie...preferably a comedy.

and..

Jean Smart
Of course alot of us know her from Designing Women...but she was such a hoot on 'Frazier' as his high school lust interest..I laughed my bottom off in high school reunion episode. Also in...

..Bringing Down the House I thought she wasn't used enough in that movie. She was terrific and matched well with Steve Martin. I would LOVE to see them together again....maybe in a remake of the Thin Man Series.

Christine Baranski
Maybe she can't be classified as 'in need of a Comeback"...but like Jean I feel she's always been cast as a supporting actress that deserves a shot a leading role worthy of her talent. Her last role was in Welcome to Mooseport (2004) and I loved seeing her. Maybe it's the same type of role she's done before, but good golly she's great at it.

Bug Planet Proximus
i know this doesnt fit the description of the topic
but there ae a few actors that i would really like to see more, instead of being constantly cast in supporting actor roles.
Bob Hoskins, Christopher Walken and John Turturro are the actors i feel could be so much if they had a good opurtunity.
the first two had their spots in the limelight back in their day but i still havent seen a movie starring John Turturro in the lead

and i also agree that Michael Keaton was the man, and still could be today.

Originally Posted by D'yer Mak'er
But I still havent seen a movie starring John Turturro in the lead.
That could be because you aren't looking. Go and rent Barton Fink (1991 - Coen Bros.), Men of Respect (1991 - William Reilly), Box of Moonlight (1996 - Tom DiCillo), The Luzhin Defence (2000 - Marleen Gorris), "Sugartime" (made-for-HBO 1995 - John N. Smith), and his self-directed efforts Mac (1992) and Illuminata (1998) in which he also stars. Barton Fink is just great (won him the top acting prize at The Cannes Film Festival), and both Men of Respect (a modern-day reworking of Shakespeare's MacBeth into the world of New York gangsters) and Box of Moonlight (quirky road-movie with great co-starring work by Sam Rockwell & Catherine Keener) are very good.

Geesh. Way to be a fan.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bug Planet Proximus
thanks holden.
yeah i guess it is due to my laziness that i havent bothered to go and get a few of the movies with Turturro leading. Ive been waiting forever to be able to see Barton Fink and trying to find Illuminata but i suppose that his most creative work is his least accessible and most of the stuff everyones seen him in are his supporting role ones.

Rick Moranis - funny actor, too bad most of his movies suck

Bruce Campbell is an actor not only forgotten but some may not have even heared of him. He is the king of independent films and b movies you may have seen him in Spiderman 2 as the snotty usher.

I wanna bring back the one and only Son In Law... THE KING of the BIO DOME.....the man who put MUNCHIES on the block

PAULY SHORE!!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
I wanna bring back the one and only Son In Law... THE KING of the BIO DOME.....the man who put MUNCHIES on the block

PAULY SHORE!!

You might just get your wish... check out THIS thread...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
Incieno Man is a true comedy classic

LONG LIVE POLLY

stop weezin' the joouice! .....Buddy!

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
Jerry Sienfeld is still young he could make an easy comeback, not with as much domination of the television world as he had(and still does).
But I'm pretty sure he's done with his acting career. The only thing I don't like about Sienfeld is George he is such a pathetic moron with a little wanker(refer to the show were the girl walks in on him for details), Kramer on the other hand is the finest comedy has to offer.

I'd also like to see Adam Corolla take his comedy/radio career to the bigscreen I think he is the most outstanding comedian in the industry with 0 movie experience.

I'm gonna go with Garrett and say Michael Richards needs one. Also, how about. . .
1.John Candy
2.Chris Farley
3.John Belushi
4.Marlon Brando
5.Johnny Cash (he was good in Davy Crockett)

Just kidding I know what you meant. Sean Patrick Flannery is one I wanna see more.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Berthanita Germaine the serf
Sherman Hemsley
"If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco."

"Bob Hoskins, Christopher Walken and John Turturro are the actors i feel could be so much if they had a good opurtunity."

I agree with you on Christopher Walken and John Turturro. I wish Walken would come out in more quality movies. Turturro is amazing, and I enjoy him in his supporting roles

I almost hate to say it, but I kind of miss Christian Slater as a smart-ass, Nicholson-lite leading man. Looking at his IMDB listing, he looks to be just inches away from sliding completely into a steady career of miniseries and barely-there supporting roles.

Until, of course, Taratino writes him the perfect comeback role in about (looks at watch) ten years or so. The return of Clarence Worley... hmm...