The Love & Heartbreak Song Tournament

Tools    

In order to please everybody...Scattergories will include any theme or category you want, including emotions, food, world peace, revolution, parodies...etc

Is that alright by all?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I think if Mojo wants to run a tournament, he should pick whatever theme he wants to pick. (Kind of like the HoFs. You run what you like.)

Mojo, did you have a specific idea in mind for a tournament, or were you just interested in running whatever tournament comes up next?

In order to please everybody...Scattergories will include any theme or category you want, including emotions, food, world peace, revolution, parodies...etc

Is that alright by all?
Sounds good and you're the boss So I'll keep an eye out for your song tournament thread.

My scattergory is food as in bananas, I bet you can see where that's going

For Scattergories, I choose songs named after US cities. For Emotions, it would be either rage/pissed off, or spastic/super happy.
I so wanna hear your rage/pissed off songs. Choose that regardless of what type of tournament it is.

Fine, I'll do a Scattergories thread. Emotions thread will be a separate tourney. However, since the MoFo is a free democratic community, if you want to make your category about emotions, go for it, BUT there will still be an Emotions Tourney later on.

I so wanna hear your rage/pissed off songs. Choose that regardless of what type of tournament it is.
I love my Cities idea, but if Swan doesn't want to run the Emotions thread, I will run it right after this category. I'll for sure do the rage.

Master of My Domain
Congrats Christine on your victory, thank you for choosing such a classy song.

Good job Chyp on reaching the finals.

Hey my song won! Thanks guys
Congrats to Chyp for a great runner up too.
I've loved this song tournament. GBG is the godmother of song tourneys, she runs them so beautifully - just the right amount of time waiting for people, no rushing but no drawing it out either - perfect! Thanks GBG! Enjoyed it a lot

Thanks to SC for posting the up to date lists too.

Congrats to Christine on winning with the marvellous Fever - very glad it won for you my duck!

Thanks once again to Gbg for running yet another seamless song tournament, I know how much goes into one of these and your work is always appreciated in this corner of Mofo.

Thoroughly enjoyed this tournament and very glad two great songs made it to the final - both were in the top echelon of nominations this time no doubts about that.

Congrats to Christine on winning with the marvellous Fever - very glad it won for you my duck!

Thanks once again to Gbg for running yet another seamless song tournament, I know how much goes into one of these and your work is always appreciated in this corner of Mofo.

Thoroughly enjoyed this tournament and very glad two great songs made it to the final - both were in the top echelon of nominations this time no doubts about that.
Chyp we need you in this tournament!!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=44821

your musical taste are gonna be appreciate

Chyp we need you in this tournament!!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=44821

your musical taste are gonna be appreciate
Give me a few minutes to open my eyes fully ... not that long awake yet

There seems to be a tendency for the most inoffensive songs to win because least people dislike them rather than because most people like them.
I voted for The Outfield "Your Love", Cyndi Lauper, The Seekers "I'll Never Find Another You", REO Speedwagon "Keep On Loving You" and Foreigner "I Want to Know What Love is" over "Fever", sorry (to rain on your parade).
You can't really complain about people picking non offensive songs when Keep On Loving You and I Want To Know What Love Is are two of the most beige songs in existence.

Congrats to Christine for winning with a great song. Congrats to Chyp for picking up the runners up place. Another great song. I really liked both of these songs and voted for both quite a few times.

Once again, the biggest thanks to gbg for putting up with all this and running another one of these things.