I have a movie idea (how do i pitch it?)

Tools    

After a little googleing I could not find any guides on where to pitch your movie. Is it normal to contact a movie studio on mail or? I have a few good ideas and one great one. I live in Scandinavia so it is hard to travel to an office in Hollywood or something like that. Hope for fast reply and appreciate extra information

I think the days of pitching a movie premise are over.
That's why you can find information about it online - you need a script.

With a script expect the odds to be against you

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'm definitely not an expert on the subject but you'd most likely have to make the film yourself with friends/family members/neighbors/random people off the street/whatever. Even if you found a studio that was interested in your movie there's no telling how much creative control you'd have over it so the final product might be completely unrecognizable from your original idea. Have you looked into raising funds via Kickstarter?

Writing a script is an entire field of study. Same with creating a film.
There should be years of research and practice before you start panhandling for money on kickstarter.

Also it's not like you just put it up and money rolls in. You have to do a lot of marketing and promotion for a kickstarter page.

You need a script. But more than that, you need an amazing script. Then you either need to know somebody in the industry, win some screenwriting contests, send out 100's of query letters and hope lightning strikes you.

Or. Just go ahead and make it yourself.

Ideas are cheap. Execution is what matters. The only people who get to pitch mere concepts are ones who've already done something in the industry. For everyone else, you need to make something.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
In this age of internet access and affordable equipment, you should write and produce something yourself. Start out with shorter projects. Talent will float to the top on the internet--many careers have been started this way.

The best way to pitch a movie is to have a job in the field already. Elevator pitches are hard sells if no one even knows your name.

The best way to TRY to get out there is to write a script and submit it to Screenwriting Festivals. Winners are many times picked up by studios who buy out properties for their vault. Even if the movie doesn't get made, the writer can get on studios radar and get other jobs and possibly the opportunity to pitch.