All about the upcoming Live Action Musical Hall of Fame

Tools    

You guys can have the musical hof run anyway you want it.
I resign...Someone else can run it.

People are still going nuts and complaining about how I was running it and it won't stop until I'm gone. I'm done.

Bit unnecessary. If you are being made to feel uncomfortable here then either drop it or speak your mind, this whole sly 'woe is me' thing you and GBG seem to do is ridulous .

Noone is going nuts, we are just having the conversations that should have been had before you started this in the first place

Let the night air cool you off
No objections, just curious if we're still doing the animation one.
I just sent gbg a message about that. I told her that I want that one to go ahead, because she's already started it. I also told her that I intend to allow animation and it's just called a Musical Hall of Fame. I don't want any duplicate nominations though, because a duplicate winner would be pointless. So to avoid that I would let the other hof get started first, so we know everything that is nominated. Those nominations would be the only musicals excluded from nomination.

I think that seems fair. Any objections there?

The only thing he did different that Citizen should have done is name it different from the start. You can't be much more limiting within a genre than he was. I doubt limiting this to live action is limiting anybody's viewing. My guess is the animated noms will be much more main stream than the live action in this genre. I think specializing these is a good compliment to the broad HOFs. In fact the Noir HOF has been my favorite and I have been able to avoid a lot of stuff I am not that interested in with the others.
What he did differently was make a rule to limit what could be nominated without discussion. Justin did a HoF focussed on a widely recognised sub-genre and left it open for people to nominate what they thought qualified.

In regards to the Noir HoF , it was fun, but it wasn't a Noir HoF - it was an American noir between 1941 & 1958 HoF and as far as it qualifying something to the HoF they shouldn't be done like that IMO.

Noone is going nuts, we are just having the conversations that should have been had before you started this in the first place
Then why didn't you guys jump in here when we were discussing schedules, and the post about TWO musicals is in there.

Wait? Two? Discussions.

No objections JJ.

I'd like to ask the members what they think of Team America being included? Be honest, I expect it not to be and that's fine if it isn't
Team America is a musical, therefore in my opinion, it should count. And you should nominate it bitch.

No objections JJ.

I'd like to ask the members what they think of Team America being included? Be honest, I expect it not to be and that's fine if it isn't
Personally, I don't really think of Team America as a musical. But the music is a huge part of the movie. I guess it comes down to how you define musical.

EDIT: Typically when I think of musical, it's when the characters themselves are singing the songs. But I am not an expert on this at all.

Justin did a HoF focussed on a widely recognised sub-genre and left it open for people to nominate what they thought qualified.
Again, slasher. Not too tough to figure. Also, if you eliminate the tons of crap movies out there that are slashers, the numbers get a lot closer on what is allowed with both slashers, and live action musicals.

EDIT: Typically when I think of musical, it's when the characters themselves are singing the songs. But I am not an expert on this at all.
I guess it is a bit sketchier because many of the music bits don't involve the characters singing, but then again, some of them do. "I'm So Ronery", for example.

Again, slasher. Not too tough to figure. Also, if you eliminate the tons of crap movies out there that are slashers, the numbers get a lot closer on what is allowed with both slashers, and live action musicals.
Musical should be an even easier genre to define than slasher.

I guess it is a bit sketchier because many of the music bits don't involve the characters singing, but then again, some of them do. "I'm So Ronery", for example.
I think if I ran this, I'd do like I did with the slasher hall of fame. I'd ask people before they nominated something to ask themselves two questions:

1. Do I really think this is a musical?
2. Do I really think this belongs in a musical hall of fame?

If you answer yes to both of those, then I would accept the nomination. If other members thought something nominated wasn't really a musical, then they could decide to count that against it in their votes.

I'd like for these hall of fames to be a community project, so we shouldn't be in the business of excluding things for seemingly unnecessary reasons.

What he did differently was make a rule to limit what could be nominated without discussion. Justin did a HoF focussed on a widely recognised sub-genre and left it open for people to nominate what they thought qualified.

In regards to the Noir HoF , it was fun, but it wasn't a Noir HoF - it was an American noir between 1941 & 1958 HoF and as far as it qualifying something to the HoF they shouldn't be done like that IMO.
If I am not mistaken that is because everything after '58 is considered neo-noir, correct? I don't remember it being limited to American, correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally when I think of Musicals I don't think of any of the animated stuff you guys are talking about. Again, I do understand where you guys are coming from but I think it could have been handled in a much less confrontational and accusatory way. I don't think what Citizen was doing was unreasonable or even unprecedented.

Now, I am done with the discussion. Carry on and enjoy as I really didn't care in the first place. I hate musicals.

Again, principal. Are we having HoFs focussed on genres & sub-genres or on what the person running it wants?

If I am not mistaken that is because everything after '58 is considered neo-noir, correct? I don't remember it being limited to American, correct me if I'm wrong.
The Top 100 Noir list includes many films from outside that period and I would assume neo-noir is a sub-genre or "sub-style".

Then why didn't you guys jump in here when we were discussing schedules, and the post about TWO musicals is in there.

Wait? Two? Discussions.
OK I apologize for what I said there. The discussion didn't even go a page deep, at most it went ten comments but I suppose it's our fault for not joining and making our voices heard, BTW I am not being sarcastic I know it sounds like that from my last comment but I'm not

I think it could have been handled in a much less confrontational and accusatory way. I don't think what Citizen was doing was unreasonable or even unprecedented.
Thank you, and this is very true. I don't think you people stop for a minute to think about how you say things, or how they might make someone feel. Well, it made him feel bad enough to leave, and I'm not talking about the thread. All of this for a stupid movie thread.

Now, I am done with the discussion. Carry on and enjoy as I really didn't care in the first place. I hate musicals.
You little *****!

OK I apologize for what I said there. The discussion didn't even go a page deep, at most it went ten comments but I suppose it's our fault for not joining and making our voices heard, BTW I am not being sarcastic I know it sounds like that from my last comment but I'm not
No, I don't think you are being sarcastic. Thank you for realizing what you've said about the discussion thread. I was very lost when I got here last night to all the fighting, when no one bothered to say a thing in the other thread BEFORE he made this thread. You guys had a few days.Timing is so important.