What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.

All that heaven allows

Haven't picked up a criterion in a while so this looked like a nice pickup. Got it for a good price.

Recently I bought these:

I know they're well liked on here, and my housemate said he'd seen them for French A-Level and thought I would liked them. I'll get round to them eventually.

Relatively obscure Hawks film that's highly rated, French release but all in English and fine quality. I watched it already and thought it was great.

Im a fan of Bradbury's work and I was talking to someone about "There Will Come Soft Rains" and other short stories that are my favorite by Bradbury.. I only paid $7.50 for the dvd set.

Just ordered two reasonably priced Criterion DVDs for two Jean Paul Melville movies. One about a French woman and a priest, and another a crime thriller. I hope to enjoy them greatly!

Got this in the mail today.

And I also bought this. Problem is I do not have a Blu Ray player. Or even an HD TV. So hopefully this will push me toward buying one so I can actually start buying a few Blu Ray DVDs.

Vintage Stock is having their Memorial Day Weekend sale.. buy 2 dvds get 1 free... so this is what I picked up tonight

What's Ashes and Diamonds? That looks really interesting...
A Polish film about a soldier who is asked to assassinate a Soviet Leader in the last days of WWII. A film that is supposed to be an expression of the post war identity crisis for the country. Or so says the back of the DVD box.