Scheduled Server Downtime Today

Tools    

Hey MoFos,

As many of you have surely noticed, the site experienced some downtime (several hours) on consecutive mornings recently. There have been some security issues with the server we're on, and Rob (the kind fella who hosts us) is moving us to a new server. This should probably happen this evening, at which time the site will experience some (planned) downtime. It should fix the problems we've been having.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

I never really noticed the morning downtimes; likely because I usually sleep in til noon or 1, lol. But this evening I will miss coming on here though. Do you know approx. how long and at what time this will take place?

I never really noticed the morning downtimes; likely because I usually sleep in til noon or 1, lol.
I think I kinda hate you now.

Do you know approx. how long and at what time this will take place?
Unfortunately, no. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say maybe 6-8 ET. I can't imagine it being down for more than a couple of hours. The start time is dependent on several things, though, so I'm not too sure of that. Sorry again, I know it's inconvenient. I certainly share your frustration, but things like this are -- sadly -- inevitable.

Good news: there shouldn't be any downtime tonight after all.

Bad news: the downtime has just been delayed a bit. Either tomorrow, or Tuesday. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out which it will be.

You ready? You look ready.
NOOO!!!!!!!!

(Note: I'm just kidding.)
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm all the security we need.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.