Favorite dark, twisted, and quirky movies

Tools    

By the way, to gain more attention to these movies, I posted pics of most that I liked that were the lesser known to the general public than the great ones, which are also on my list and would probably be instantly recognizable just in print and some are also mentioned on other threads allready. `I've indexed movies into a
few categories that movie houses like Blockbuster don't use. For instance, I have a super action category and an action category as well as an ultra violent category, seperate from horror, which is also sub-categorized into horror and very good horror.

Pacific Heights has Michael Keaton as the bad guy, right? I've wanted to see that movie for a while, as a Keaton fan.
Keaton is really the only reason to watch it. He doesn't have too much screen time, but he steals the movie.

If I made a list of my own, it'd take forever, but I love that you included King of the Ants, U-Turn, Confessions, Ravenous, Red Rock West, and Romeo is Bleeding. All pretty under-acknowledged films IMO.

There is alo a movie called Bright Angel that I really liked but it's one of the few I can't get in dvd, so I still have both of them in VHS.
It was out last year(well on dvd-r) in the middle of the year, there was a limited edition(legal) release from MGM of Bright Angel.

Some I've enjoyed that can fall into any of the above title words:

I don't know about others but I certainly found the following two films especially dark:

(^ I prefer the book, was a lot darker but still the film was excellent)

Some I've enjoyed that can fall into any of the above title words:

I don't know about others but I certainly found the following two films especially dark:

(^ I prefer the book, was a lot darker but still the film was excellent)

Thanks for the above info. I'll see if I can get Bright Angel. Last year I got Last Exit To Brooklyn as soon as it came out on dvd. Innocence and Franklyn look like something I migt be interested in, innocence being my post traumatic stress disorder

Semper Fooey
&feature=related

&feature=related
Favorite??? Come on, you can do better than that ( unless you just love the way Peter O'Toole prances around enough to qualify as quircky )
Did you see my list, how does this movie fit to be included into my category?

Semper Fooey
I love Ruling Class.

It certainly qualifies, a lot more than Harold and Maude.

It is dark, twisted and quirky.

A black comedy.

I love Ruling Class.

It certainly qualifies, a lot more than Harold and Maude.

It is dark, twisted and quirky.

A black comedy.
You saw Harold and Maude in my list? Thank you for redifining it for me. I guess I should have included the word edgy in my thread to preclude these kind of posts. Ok, skippy yah yeah!

Could not have said that better than Yoda did. It would be nice if you would be more selective Nausicaa, in the posts you put in my thread. I mean, try to keep it relative and within reason, unless you post just to get your post count up, in which case, the idle chat forum is much more appropriate, but don't mind me, I'm just keeping up the banter

Her posts are perfectly fine, if you ask me. It's not at all off-topic to have a little playful back-and-forth about the movies mentioned. And personally, I think it's way more conducive to enjoyment than a dozen posts of nothing but poster attachments. Be a little friendlier, yeah? People are using your thread, after all. That should be a positive thing.

People here don't usually care much about post counts, either. And when they do, they usually get them higher in one of the dozen or so threads more conducive to doing so.

Her posts are perfectly fine, if you ask me. It's not at all off-topic to have a little playful back-and-forth about the movies mentioned. And personally, I think it's way more conducive to enjoyment than a dozen posts of nothing but poster attachments. Be a little friendlier, yeah? People are using your thread, after all. That should be a positive thing.

People here don't usually care much about post counts, either. And when they do, they usually get them higher in one of the dozen or so threads more conducive to doing so.
I was initialy welcomed to this forum by Nausicaa with banter. Having spent some time here, I am now bantering back a little but I see what you mean, maybe I'm starting to banter a little too much and I do want to keep it friendly and stick to topic. Not a problem, I've had fist fights where afterwards we shook hands and had a drink together. No real malice intended.

On another note, if you are reffering to the pic attechments that I add to my list, it saddens me that you do not appreciate it, as I spend much more time fiding it and copying it and poisting it, then I do just typing. The reason I do it, is to give some people a clearer idea of the movie on the list ( and I presume that not everyone has seen everything that I list ) so that they may eventually take a look at that movie and perhaps enjoy it. This is my altruism but if you feel it's unnecessary or redondant,
you are the moderator and it is your forum, all you have to do is let me know.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Sounds good to me.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: Harold and Maude and my hopefully permanent proximity from it.
quick question, have you seen said film and deeply dislike it? or is it the overall look of the film that wigs you out?

On another note, if you are reffering to the pic attechments that I add to my list, it saddens me that you do not appreciate it, as I spend much more time fiding it and copying it and poisting it, then I do just typing. The reason I do it, is to give some people a clearer idea of the movie on the list ( and I presume that not everyone has seen everything that I list ) so that they may eventually take a look at that movie and perhaps enjoy it. This is my altruism but if you feel it's unnecessary or redondant,
you are the moderator and it is your forum, all you have to do is let me know.
I just think it's somewhat unnecessary. I like the use of images and I'm not belittling your effort, but if you find yourself posting a couple dozen in a row, particularly separate from the lists, I'd say that's probably a little excessive. Most people sprinkle a few here and there and attach them to the same posts as the actual mentions. It makes it more pleasant to read. But if they're off by themselves, well, people can often just Google them themselves. It's putting it all together that I think has the most value.

No offense intended; I think you've got the right idea, just might want to moderate it a tad.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i was gonna say that if you really want to spark in interest in people, why not jot down a few things about the movies you're mentioning along with the picture? why you love it, your memories of watching it for the first time, anything in particular that springs to mind.