The Greatest Film Never Made

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Freddy vs Jason vs Ash would have been truly epic, IMO. But I heard that Campbell didn't want to have a 'tie' with the two killers, so they scrapped the project.
The real reason was that Bruce Campbell didn't want to make the film if Sam Raimi wasn't the director, and as Raimi was making Spider-Man films, that wasn't about to happen anytime soon. Thus the film was shut down.

That said, I would have loved to have seen Peter Jackson's proposed Nightmare on Elm Street film where Freddy was the good guy, Tim Burton's third Batman film which would have starred Robin Williams as the Riddler, and the version of Howard the Duck where the duck would have been an animated character and the script wasn't so dumbed down.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Rendezvous with Rama always seems like something that could work.

Also with It making 500 million dollars and The Shape of Water being as Oscar contender Del Toro's Mountains of Madness would be a good pick.

This might just do nobody any good.
Rendezvous with Rama always seems like something that could work.
With the success of Interstellar and Arrival, I had hope Fincher would go back to it. Instead he chose WWZ2.

Whether it was just a Hollywood rumour or a failed project, which films do you think would have been great had they made it into production?
I would have liked a Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel to X-Men: First Class with a Henry Jackman score. Vaughn said recently that he wouldn't have done Days of Future Past as the second film and I found it a pretty unwelcome detour after a film I really liked.

Also with It making 500 million dollars and The Shape of Water being as Oscar contender Del Toro's Mountains of Madness would be a good pick.
I’m interested in the spaghetti western version The Count of Monte Cristo he talked about a few years back.

That or Saturn and the End of Days.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kubrick's Napoleon film.
This is the first one that came to my mind.. I actually have a book "Best Movies Never Made".

"The Last Anchorman" which would have had Gregory Peck and Meryl Streep, directing by Karl Reisz.

Lynch's last film will be Eraserhead 2: Drawn Back In.