The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist

Tools    

It looks technically brilliant. Not a fan of the jump scare at the end. The scene is creepy enough. Great job of letting the camera scare the audience for you-and then a guy jumps out with dumb music. It ruins the tension going on by turning this slow and morose atmosphere into a cartoon.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Cool, why don't you tell us what you really think?

Jump scares have been a part of horror for a long time, yes lately it's a tired trope but if a movie properly utilizes them, then I'm all for it. They basically foreshadowed the one in the trailer as the camera follows the inverting crosses before resting in the corner where we see the physical manifestation of that energy. Call it cheesy if you want, but if that's the case, maybe reconsider watching 90% of horror films in the future.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Jump scares are what make horror films special.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I don't hate jump scares for existing. What I'm against are the ridiculous sound effects that a lot of modern horror uses. In the first Conjuring, for example, if the ridiculous music played as soon as the audience sees the hands, it wouldn't have worked nearly as well as when the hands clap and the woman screams. The score and natural sounds are for mood, the jump sound is to get a cheap reaction out of the audience. The first Conjuring had a lot of restraint in this, so I'm hoping that one scene was just for the trailer.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Agreed, sound and music can elicit a desired emotional effect, which is why they see such heavy use in horror and drama, they help set the mood and the pacing. Take for instance the original Psycho, in particular the shower scene. The score turns suddenly shrill and startling to give the intended shock effect. When employed in a manner where it's befitting I am all for it, otherwise I do agree with you. Because I really believe that stuff like that cheapens the scare factor of the entire film and at that point suspension of belief is easier to compromise.

Full Main Trailer.

Cannot wait