Pedophilia & the Movies

Tools    

Evolution in Progress...
I took that test and it was the most hilarious **** on the planet...i just answered yes to everything to hear that crazy voice go Wacko on me. And by the way, when they do turn 18 I am gonna marry the Olsen Twins...just messin, anybody associated with Bob Sagget is evil (because he is the Anti-Christ! )

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

I realize it is odd to reply to a post that is almost ten years old, but I don't live based off numbers, so.....I saw "Rebel Without a Cause" for the first time a few months ago. And now I'm reading a few people accuse the "John" character of being gay. First, even if he was, why is that a problem and being brought up? Second: I was a weirdo in high school. Self-admitted, and I had a poor father figure. I too looked for older male role models to fill in that father role.

I think John was like me - Wanted a Father figure because he never had one, and had some issues upstairs. To this day, at almost 30-years of age, I still find myself looking for a Father figure, to a certain extent.

I think it just goes to show how closed-minded, and homophobic some people are that they assume the ONLY reason why a man may admire another man is because of a sexual attraction. All men need a Father or a Father figure they respect if they want to grow up to be real men.

The Woodsman! owns this thread

Have you seen the movie Kids? It's about a kid (17 years old) looking to have sex with 14 year olds. It sounds insane but infact it's a brilliant movie. It bringsthe reality of the subject harshly into focus by shocking the audience. Here's a synopsis.

"Telly, a coarse 17-year-old skateboard enthusiast, lives only to get laid. As Telly discourses nonstop on the pleasures of deflowering 14-year-old girls, he and his best friend Casper tool around New York City's East Side, steal, smoke dope, and eventually make their way to an all-night party, at which Telly bags another virgin and Casper gives up his humanity altogether. While all this is going on, one of Telly's past victims, now HIV-positive, forlornly searches for her lover."
I'm not quite sure if 17 vs 14 year olds legaly qualify as pedofiles as they are both legaly under age. Having said that, I thought that Kids was a very well made movie and so was Bully, also made by the same guy.
The Brazilian movie Pixote seems to be vey popular among certain segments of our population and is very hard to get unless one is prepared to pay top dollar.

Semper Fooey
Ordinary Guy should have been banned like the one with the five year old girlfriend. But since he only hung around for three posts I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't commend him for his honesty, the perv.

I'm not quite sure if 17 vs 14 year olds legaly qualify as pedofiles as they are both legaly under age. Having said that, I thought that Kids was a very well made movie and so was Bully, also made by the same guy.
The Brazilian movie Pixote seems to be vey popular among certain segments of our population and is very hard to get unless one is prepared to pay top dollar.

Actually the situation of anyone aged 16 or over going after anyone under the age of 16 in a sexual way, is classed as child abuse and paedophilia. The person is subject to the full arm of the law.

I think the subject in the movies is interesting as long as it is handled with care rather than just an exploitative movie for the sake of being shocking.
Like seeing homosexuality in movies gone by during the days when people didn't accept it, paedophilia is today's taboo subject for film making.

Though the difference is, it will, quite rightly, never be accepted in society.

Personal note: Hanging in the UK should be reinstated, just for Pedos.

Actually the situation of anyone aged 16 or over going after anyone under the age of 16 in a sexual way, is classed as child abuse and paedophilia. The person is subject to the full arm of the law.

I think the subject in the movies is interesting as long as it is handled with care rather than just an exploitative movie for the sake of being shocking.
Like seeing homosexuality in movies gone by during the days when people didn't accept it, paedophilia is today's taboo subject for film making.

Ha ha, castration would be easier.

This all depends on what you're classing as paedophilia. These days it's often confused/substituted for age of consent. So, in the UK, having sex with someone who is 15 years old is a crime, but the perpetrator wouldn't be a paedophile (at least, not in that case) whereas someone who had sex with a 5 year old would be guilty of the same crime, but would be a paedophile.

Regardless of the age above which you are considered to be able to legally give consent (I have a feeling it's been as low as 8 in the UK at one time, but until the late 1800's it was usually 10 or 12) whether or not someone is a paedophile has always remained the same. The clue's in the title, as the line goes.

This all depends on what you're classing as paedophilia. These days it's often confused/substituted for age of consent. So, in the UK, having sex with someone who is 15 years old is a crime, but the perpetrator wouldn't be a paedophile (at least, not in that case) whereas someone who had sex with a 5 year old would be guilty of the same crime, but would be a paedophile.

Regardless of the age above which you are considered to be able to legally give consent (I have a feeling it's been as low as 8 in the UK at one time, but until the late 1800's it was usually 10 or 12) whether or not someone is a paedophile has always remained the same. The clue's in the title, as the line goes.
As far as I know in the US any one under 18 is considered a minor so consequently even if they have consensual sex with an adult, it's considered statutory rape.
The question is how does one define sex between two consenting minors?
In the case of a 17 year old with a 14 year old I don't think it can be labeled pedophilia and yes consent would weigh heavily as to the extent of any sexual offense.

If both are under the age of consent, then surely consensual sex would mean both would be charged with sex with a minor/underage sex/statutory rape? Though I'd guess that in, at least, 99% of cases neither will be charged. In cases of sex with a minor, the law is there to protect those considered unable to legally consent to sex because they're not 'adult' or 'grown up' enough to think through all the consequences of the act and, therefore, need protecting. As both would be seen to've preyed on the other, it's easier for those in charge to pretend it didn't happen.

If both are under the age of consent, then surely consensual sex would mean both would be charged with sex with a minor/underage sex/statutory rape? Though I'd guess that in, at least, 99% of cases neither will be charged. In cases of sex with a minor, the law is there to protect those considered unable to legally consent to sex because they're not 'adult' or 'grown up' enough to think through all the consequences of the act and, therefore, need protecting. As both would be seen to've preyed on the other, it's easier for those in charge to pretend it didn't happen.
Also laws in the US are a bit different than in England and not only that, the laws in the US vary from state to state, that's why each state has a seperate bar exam and as an attorney you can only legaly practise in the state that you are certified.
And even in the same state the law is not equally enforced. An adult woman charged with sexual misconduct with a minor will almost always receive a lighter sentence than an adult male charged with the same offense.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You weren't creeped out about my Oscar knowledge. Inquiring Minds may want to know. There are books about these things still at the public library; that is, if you still have a local public library...