Batman 5

Tools    

My thought's on the casting:

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Christian Bale

I'm not to pleased with this... but what the hell, it could be worse, right?

Alfred Pennyworth, the butler - Michael Caine

This is the one I'm really excited about... Perfect casting right there.

Rachel Caspian - a childhood friend of Wayne's and possible love interest

I'm not too interested in this one right now... we'll see how things shape up.

Ra's Al Ghul - Ken Watanabe

This is another example of perfect casting, in my opinion.

James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force - Gary Oldman

Not who I would've chosen, but I like Gary Oldman... I think he'll fill the part nicely.

Cillian Murphy

Hopefully, he'll get more good parts after this... One of my favorite current actors... I wonder who he's playing?

---

All in all, I think this could turn out to be the best Batman film so far.

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by Garrett
My thought's on the casting:

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Christian Bale

I'm not to pleased with this... but what the hell, it could be worse, right?

Alfred Pennyworth, the butler - Michael Caine

This is the one I'm really excited about... Perfect casting right there.

Rachel Caspian - a childhood friend of Wayne's and possible love interest

I'm not too interested in this one right now... we'll see how things shape up.

Ra's Al Ghul - Ken Watanabe

This is another example of perfect casting, in my opinion.

James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force - Gary Oldman

Not who I would've chosen, but I like Gary Oldman... I think he'll fill the part nicely.

Cillian Murphy

Hopefully, he'll get more good parts after this... One of my favorite current actors... I wonder who he's playing?

---

All in all, I think this could turn out to be the best Batman film so far.
I agree with you for the most part, except that I believe Bale will make a great Batman, an better Bruce Wayne. Also I believe Cillian Murphy may be playing a young Harvy Dent aka Two Face, but it may only be a rumor. I originally read that Dent would not be in the movie, but another prosecutor would...however this "other" prosecuter appears to have many similarities to Dent in the script, and many believe in the film it may actually be Harvy Dent.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Originally Posted by Endless
I agree with you for the most part, except that I believe Bale will make a great Batman, an better Bruce Wayne. I also think Oldman will be fantastic. I believe Cillian Murphy may be playing a young Harvy Dent aka Two Face, but it may only be a rumor. I originally read that Dent would not be in the movie, but another prosecutor would...however this "other" prosecuter appears to have many similarities to Dent in the script, and many believe in the film it may actually be Harvy Dent.
Ooops...this was suppposed to be an edit stating that I think Oldman will be fantastic....

I cant belive noone made the the point that oldman was a bent cop in leon

This batman film has a great cast, i'm looking forward to it.
Just hope they can get away from the last batman that should burn in hell for all eternity, and make a great film.

i agree. last batman should BURN!!!!!!, and the casting in this one is just great! i am sooo excited to see this when it comes out!

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
for some reason i can't get used to the idea of Micheal Caine as Alfred... don't ask me why i just can't see him in the role! Everyone else i am pretty much fine with... i'm still confident!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by Spider-Freak
for some reason i can't get used to the idea of Micheal Caine as Alfred... don't ask me why i just can't see him in the role! Everyone else i am pretty much fine with... i'm still confident!
I agree. Caine doesn't seem to be kind enough to play Alfred. To me, he's just shy of having George Carlin fill the role.

I think he would make a good alfred, he can be kind and posh, just look at his performance in zulu.

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
I think he would make a good alfred, he can be kind and posh, just look at his performance in zulu.
You can always hear his cockney accent trying to assert itself,though.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
Don't get me wrong i'm sure he will do his upmost to fill the role but the original alfred was just perfect... he was alfred... so the only way i se Caine coming close is to emulate him. I do not think that Caine trying to bring his own persona to the character a good thing!

Why did they kill him off in the lastone anyway?

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
Why did they kill him off in the lastone anyway?

As far as I know, he was not in very good health ( I believe he is ead now, died shortly after) so that way, they woul not have to explain why he was not there if any movies followed number 4. Which they are not, Batman Begins is a stand alone project, its own franchise and has nothing to do with the previous movies.

Oh man, this movie already beats the last two movies. The cast is just awesome, although I can't really put Michael Caine in the role of Alfred. For some reason I don't think it fits. Christian Bale as Batman will be something to see, because I think he's a pretty darn good actor. Ken Watanabe as Raz-Al-Ghul is gonne be SWEEEEEEET! Gary Oldman as Gordon is not the one I would have chosen but he will definately be good. I've never seen him play a role I didn't like. Anyway, this film is just gonna be great. I don't know what I think of the Batmobile yet though.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by jrs

Are you sure this is the real one? I just mean, that I read on IGN, that there are ALOT of fakes floating around now. I don't mean to question your sources, its just that I want to be sure. Also...I don't really like that one.

I'm not liking that batmobile.

jrs, I was just validating your iamges, as some people didn't believe they were the real deal.

I'm hoping to see some behind the scenes stuff, as I live right next to Shepperton Studios, and will start working as a Runner there next month