Interesting movies to watch?

Tools    

Thank you Thursday. Sarcasm moviegoers... I was poking fun at the post because this thread is about more obscure interesting movies and the poster was naming some of the most well known works in the history of cinema. Sorry for the confusion.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Maybe if you compare it to, Glitter. Eh, that's pushing it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Welcome to the human race...
I think Manos: The Hands of Fate is the challenge and the standard when it comes to truly horrendous filmmaking, myself. Granted, it's hilariously bad, but that still means it's bad.

I think Manos: The Hands of Fate is the challenge and the standard when it comes to truly horrendous filmmaking, myself. Granted, it's hilariously bad, but that still means it's bad.
Manos is bad, really bad, but not close to worst film. You need to see some worse films Iro.

Welcome to the human race...
So everyone keeps telling me. Granted, Manos is saved because it's funny (and Torgo was an interesting creation) but yeah, there is just so much that's wrong with that film.

What do you consider the objective worst film, HK?

Have you seen the MST:3K version of Manos? It's very good.

I'm not sure I can give you an absolute, #1 worst film but, there's a good few candidates.

Plan 9 From Outer Space is the one that most people (in the last 20 years anyway) put up as The Worst Film ever made. It's certainly dreadful and I liked it less than Manos.

Blood Feast has, possibly, the worst delivery of any dialogue I can think of, as well as some horrendous acting. I love it.

Lots of those straight to dvd horror films, Camp Blood is the worst of the few I've seen. I'd say, let yourself trawl through the low budget, B-Movies of the 50's, 60's and 70's and you'll find plenty of contenders.

In truth though, although they're the worst films, I think the bigger crime (and, therefore, the real worst films) are the ones with huge budgets and/or real talent that are terrible. In my mind, I don't think I've seen the worst films ever made. Something tells me that, were I to see Pearl Harbour or Cutthroat Island that, afterwards, I'd have rather watched Plan 9 From Outer Space or Eaarrrggh (or whatever that Richard Keil film is called.)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Haha. That sounds like the castle in The Holy Grail. Eegah. I still vote for The Creeping Terror. "Very interesting... but stupid!" - Arte Johnson, "Laugh-In"

Making a difference
Well I thought and still think MONSTER was/is absolutely engaging, and its a great movie!!!

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I fully second the nomination of Crumb. One of my very favorite docs.

Being John Malcovich