My friend told me this great story

Tools    

You want to post like me?
One of her girlfriends was in New York on vacation and she was staying in this really expensive hotel. One thing you have to know about this girl is that she's got this extreme, irrational fear of black people. She doesn't think any less of them because they're black, so I wouldn't call her a racist - she just has negro-phobia.
But anyway. She was waiting on the elevator and when it arrived it revealed three African-American gentlemen standing inside. Her negro-phobia kicked in but she's actually a sweet girl so she went in anyway, as to not hurt their feelings. But during the ride up it all became too much and she resolved to curl up in the fetal position while muttering "please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me" or something to that effect. They all took it pretty cool and one of the guys laughed and asked her what room she was staying in and she told him. She fled the elevator as soon as it opened, muttering a quick "I'm so sorry" before doing so. She was really embarrassed about the whole thing but she just couldn't help it - it's a phobia, it's irrational.
So the next day she goes down to reception to pay for her stay. The guy asks her what room she was staying in, she tells him too and he gives her this weird smile.
"But Miss, everything's already paid. And I have this note for you here."
On the note it said; Thank you for making my day funny. Sincerely Eddie Murphy.

Eddie Murphy can afford really expensive hotels after making films like Norbit, Meet Dave and Imagine That?

Oh, that's right - I guess it was Shrek Forever After money.

Semper Fooey
Is that for real? That sounds like an urban legend story. I'd be amazed if that note actually exists.

Do you actually know this person this was supposed to happen to?

Is that for real? That sounds like an urban legend story. I'd be amazed if that note actually exists.

Do you actually know this person this was supposed to happen to?
No but I know her friend. She's one of my very good friends and I know she wouldn't lie to me. Whether her friend would lie to her, I don't know, but I think not. Who would make up a story where they're laying in the fetal position in front of Eddie Murphy? I'll definitely see if I can get a picture of that note though.

Semper Fooey
The story sounds familiar, the part about the fetal position in the elevator and saying please don't hurt me. Maybe I saw it in something. The ending does not sound familiar. I just don't believe it. This is something if it actually happened the media is notified and it all over the news.

The story sounds familiar, the part about the fetal position in the elevator and saying please don't hurt me. Maybe I saw it in something. The ending does not sound familiar. I just don't believe it. This is something if it actually happened the media is notified and it all over the news.
I don't blame you but I'm very convinced it's true. The media didn't know because, well, she didn't tell them I guess.

EDIT: Because she didn't want to get strung up as a racist I presume.

The first one didn't get a respond so you figured you'd try again?
Well, how can you not make an Eddie Murphy joke out of this? I love the guy, but he's so easy to pick on.

I had a feeling this was fake. I tried looking it up myself but my detective skills obviously aren't as sharp as the detective talons of will.15. Good job!