Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Well they should just release two versions at the same time at cinemas, imo. That way you still get your PG 13 audience and you don't risk, ahem, alienating spectators like akatemple who might potentially boycott it due to the watering down.
I think Boycott might be a strong word, I would never try and get other people to not see it or try and sway their opinion of the film. I just know what I like, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

The way I read the article (I think it was on /Film), it seemed like he does this frequently and he goes with the version he likes versus which one will make more money. Don't get on the man without understanding that several of his latest films have come out with R-ratings. I don't think he does it only thinking about profit. I'm sure he has the films best interest in mind otherwise he wouldn't consider an R-rating at all.
I'm sure he is thinking purely about the film too, but it would be nice if he just goes against what most of the execs are probably advising him on. I mean, he himself said that it should be an R, so why not just keep it at that? Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think that the rating will make much of a difference to the quality of the film, but you either want the film to 110% be your vision or you are willing to compromise for the benjamins.

I think Boycott might be a strong word, I would never try and get other people to not see it or try and sway their opinion of the film. I just know what I like, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
Yeah, I used that term VERY loosely. I should probably edit it. But really, I don't think you have much to worry about, man. I think it'll probably end up a 15 (R) and even if it doesn't, Ridley himself said it will still be 'an aggerssive film'

Yes, even when it's wrong.

Ridley Scott discusses the origins of his vision for Prometheus <--- click it

The first ten minutes of the film is getting really good comments from people who were lucky enough to see the preview and going by the ten minutes it's back to what Ridley definitely does best, science fiction.

For those in the UK:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-homeland.html

Channel 4 will host the world premiere of footage from Ridley Scott's sci-fi epic during the first break of Homeland on April 29, followed by a 40-second TV spot in the second airing viewers' opinions.

The trailer will air at around 9.10pm

Oo fabulous trailer, some new things in the trailer that was shown on Channel 4! If you missed it, should be in the same advert break on Channel 4 +1, so that would be about 10.10pm.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Charlize Theron Thinks She Looks Ugly In Prometheus, We Present Evidence To The Contrary

Apr 1, 2012

Charlize Theron is one of the stars of Prometheus and if you didn’t notice her much in the trailers it’s only because a great many of her scenes seem to involve her posing or running while director Ridley Scott’s camera focuses on her ass. Theron’s posterior is a real asset in any movie, so I guess that makes sense.
Except she disagrees.
Charlize recently told Sky News that she felt out of shape while filming those sexy running scenes and that she thinks they turned out looking “ugly”.

Here’s Charlize in Prometheus. This is not ugly…

You know what’s not easy? Looking good while running. You know what’s damn near impossible? Looking sexy in space suit. Charlize pulls it all off. I think what she really means when she says she feels ugly is that she’s not freakishly Hollywood skinny. Instead she has actual curves, well-defined enough curves that you can actually see her shape even in a big space suit. In other words she actually looks good, and not like a freakish Hollywood skeleton. Perfect.
This all matters because one of the many great things about what we’ve seen from Prometheus so far is its refusal to shy away from sexuality. We’ve talked before here on this site about the modern tendency to whitewash science fiction. There was a time when sci-fi was as much about pushing technological boundaries as social ones. Ridley Scott’s original Alien movie is a great example of that. Sigourney Weaver’s underwear scene is positively iconic.
A lot of the great sci-fi of the past is positively soaked in sex and nudity, but these days, far too often sci-fi is being toned down to cater to pre-teens and little kids. Even though Prometheus will unfortunately be shoehorned into a PG-13 rating it looks from the trailers like Ridley Scott is still finding ways to keep his sci-fi sexy. In particular he’s doing it by taking advantage of Charlize Theron’s considerably sexy physique, even if she doesn’t know what she has when she looks in the mirror.
So then I guess the PG-13 rating is going to stick, I was really hoping that it wouldn't.

The newest trailer gave me goosebumps. There's no way this film can live up to the hype I've built up in my head!

A system of cells interlinked
PG-13....

This is the first news to sort of hamper my excitement for this film. Bummer man.

Same here. I didn't pay this much attention originally and was even dismissive of it before but now I have to say I'm much more anticipative than I thought I'd be, though.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!