What is the most provocative scene in a movie? Warning:may contain adult themes

Tools    

The scenes in Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! are ones that got me a little fidgity (sp?)

As strange as this may sound A scene from Exit to Eden, with Dana Delay and Paul Mercurio having cinnamon croissant for breakfast made me want to go to take a vacation with my dear honey in New Orleans.

The Scene in "Taking Lives"
with Ethan Hawke and Angelina Jolie. I needed a tissue and a cigarette after this scene in the theater!!!!!

history *is* moralizing
"It seems like Julianne Moore walks around buck naked in just about every film."

u call that provocative? u should see me at the beach!

"American ideas of provocative film are so damn tame compared to the unrated European films."

well yeah! we don't usually rate movies. and when they are, we don't care, and the theater doesn't care either. that may be why we Europeans (except maybe in the deep deep South, in villages...) don't saliva when we see a breast, that's ridiculous... last time, i saw Troy in a Chicago movie theater, where only supposed-to-be-mature people were in the audience (i noticed), and cuz of a (female) (semi-)butt on the screen, some guys began whistling and stuff........... poor America, grow up!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by MOVIE_bug
With the question, I mean...what scene in a movie did you become uncomfortable or excited.
When I was a kid I used to sneak out of my bedroom and watch the movies my parents rented from behind the couch. The first scene that made me uncomfortable was in Conan the Barbarian when Conan was having sex with that witch lady and she was screaming and clawing his back. I went back to bed wondering what in the hell that was all about.

Recently, that scene in 21 grams when Naomi Watts was having sex and her nipples were like rock hard and about 2 inches long made for an uncomfortable scene to watch.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Loner
The most provocative scene in a movie maybe the "fire extinguisher scene" in Irréversible
As much as I absolutely FCKING HATE Irreversible, that scene was the most shocking image I have possibly ever seen formed out of pixels - and I am a child of the internet!

Now I'm curious...
What's the Fire Extinguisher scene? I don't watch movies like that so you won't spoil anything...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Well with the general theme of the thread I can see where your imagination could kick in, but it isn't sexual.

A man is killed in the underground of a gay S&M club by having his face repeatedly smashed in by a fire extinguisher. The thing about it though is the camera stays on his face the entire time and it is an incredibly convincing scene. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the actor bash in the skull of a cadavre. Suffice to say, it is ****ing gross. And I don't get grossed out by much.

Ohhhhhhh...
That is bad.
I had the same aversion to a scene in KIDS when those kids beat the snot out of a kid with skateboards. I thought I would vomit.
Also,
Cold Mountain was pretty harsh with it's torture scene. That stuff always makes my tummy upset.

how did we get from provoctave scenes, to these grotesque ones?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
Ohhhhhhh...
That is bad.
I had the same aversion to a scene in KIDS when those kids beat the snot out of a kid with skateboards. I thought I would vomit.
That scene is nothing compared to the one in Irréversible. There's other stuff than snot coming out of that guy's head. But the hardest scene for me to watch in Irréversible was the rape scene.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I will never see this movie.

Ever.

history *is* moralizing
i sometimes do watch something like that to overcome my fears and yuckyyuck disgust or whatever... so, the Isle for example, when the guy swallows a fishing hook with the line, and pulls out his innards...

I will never see this movie.

Ever.
Well, it is certainly worth thinking about if you have a problem watching graphic violence. And it's nothing for kids. But the point with the scene is to challenge the audience to rethink the way they view revenge and the level of animallike behaviour that we allow our protagonists to engage in for us to still like them. Irréversible is a rape-and-revenge film only it is (like Memento) being told "backwards", placing the revenge scene (the fire extinguisher scene) in the first part of the film and the rape scene later on. We are supposed to feel disgusted by the extreme and sick violence and later on, I guess, end up in an emotional conflict when we see what kind of extreme and sick violence (the rape) that caused the revenge. In my opinion the film focuses too much on the visual part and too little on the psychological part for it too be successful in what it set out to do. But it sure is provocative and unconventional and if you have the stomache for it - watch it.

I'll pass, thanks.
I have no need to see how far I can test my limits. Is this also the movie that I heard has this horrible music in the backround that has a chainsaw- like hum to it only it's like puke-inducing to listen to for a long period of time?

I'll pass, thanks.
I have no need to see how far I can test my limits. Is this also the movie that I heard has this horrible music in the backround that has a chainsaw- like hum to it only it's like puke-inducing to listen to for a long period of time?
Hmmm... Let me check the soundtrack cd... Nope. Brian Eno's not on it.

Oh. Okay. I heard there was a movie with a plot similar to this one and it had odd buzzing sounds.

Oh. Okay. I heard there was a movie with a plot similar to this one and it had odd buzzing sounds.
Well, seriously.. I don't remember exactly but there might have been a buzzing sound. But if I felt nauseous it wasn't because of the music...

Must... not... tell... Jessica Simpson joke...

*feigning shock/surprise*
What ever do you mean??

*feigning shock/surprise*
What ever do you mean??
Huh??

Please direct me to the "Who is the most provocative singer without soul OR brain?" thread.