Untitled

Tools    

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply
his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month or what we know today as the honeymoon.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes.
When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer
to sleep on. Hence the phrase "goodnight, sleep tight".

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was entitled Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great King from history:
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
These are great
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

You wouldn't believe how much history is behind a standard pack of playing cards. There was a very short-lived "American" deck of playing cards...guys like Franklin and Washington served as Kings, four Indian Chiefs served as the four jacks, etc. They've also undergone shape changes...some decks of the past contained round, or square cards.

Apparently the four suits represent the four seasons, and the 13 cards in each suit the 13 lunar months of the year (I think that's it...I could be misremembering). The 52 cards in the deck, of course, represent the 52 weeks in the year.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I don't know if this is applicable outside the UK, but...

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes

Did you know that the only documented cases of suicide in the animal kingdom belong to the scorpion who, when surrounded by a ring of fire will sting itself in the head... to the death.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
no, but that's actually really interesting... damn that reminds me, i missed that programme on whether some animals are homosexual or not...(time for some net study hehehe)

Did you know that the smallest blocks that comprise the great pyramid of Egypt (khufu) are the size of a passenger rail car and weigh in excess of 18 tons?

Did you know that...
  • ...the only organization on earth that owns more land that McDonald's is the Catholic Church?
  • ...the famous singer "Meat Loaf" is a vegetarian?
  • ...a minor league baseball game once held a promotion: "Strike out Domestic Violence"? A giant fight broke out in the middle of the game between the two teams.
  • ...all polar bears are left-handed?
  • ...if you were to take a taxicab from New York City to Los Angeles, it would cost you $8,325?
  • ...Elvis had a twin brother who died at birth?
  • ...in 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die?
  • ...women blink nearly twice as much as men?
  • ...no president of the United States was an only child?
  • ...rat poison is effective because rats are incapable of vomiting?
  • ...in Iowa, a dog (a black Labrador retriever) that was "employed" by the Port of Miami was used to sniff out drugs? The dog completed 155 seizures worth over $2.4 billion in drugs. Some drug-sniffing dogs have been so successful that smugglers have put prices on their heads, sometimes as high as $30,000.
  • ...there are more trees in American now than there were 100 years ago?
  • ...12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily?
That's all for now. More later. (I used to run a few "interesting fact" newsletters)

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
In Paris, there are more dogs than there are children.

In New Zealand (And Wales) there are more sheep than people.

Thats where the jokes come from, you know what i am saying

Originally posted by filmfreak

In New Zealand (And Wales) there are more sheep than people.

Thats where the jokes come from, you know what i am saying

NEW ZEALAND:
Where men are men and the sheep back right up to the fence

I did some math on my previous post regarding pyramid blocks. It would take 403 men lifting 100 pounds each to lift these blocks into place. Pretty hard to get that many men 400' into the air to do it...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
That's because pyramids were made by aliens..

Who else thinks that is a tad hilarious and way out of the question?? *raises hand*