Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Couldnt see a thread on this and it must have one. It must i say. Well here it is. Its been announced!

The final book of the Harry potter series is called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and it will be on our shelves at 12 AM on the 21st of July. Anyone here going to rush down there and fight and scratch and kick and scream to get their copy? I am! I could easily wait until the next couple of days to get it but i just love seeing everyone out in their jammy's at midnight buying books. So funny!

So there are a lot of questions still answered. I wonder if and how we will find out:

Where the last horcrux is?

Is Snape a true death eater?

Is Dumbledore really dead?

What is the connection between Lord Voldemort and Harry and will the prophecy come true?

Is there more to the death of Harry's parents than we already know?

Will we see Sirius again?

Who is R.A.B?

What are the Deathly Hallows?

Will we find out the truth about Aunt Petunia?

Who will die? Who will survive?

have we seen the last of Mrs Umbridge?

Will Ron and Hermione get it on?

Will Harry get some sexy wizardy loving?

Hopefully all of these will be answered and more with the final book.
My favourite of the series so far is without a doubt The Order of the Phoenix. I LOVED the battle at the end and Harry's grumpyness. I found the sixth book to be a bit boring. Almost an anticlimax after the ending of the fitth. It is only in the last few chapters that there really feels like any momentum is happenening in the story. Hopefully in this last of the series we will see Old Voldy truly get his freak on. So to speak. I wanna see why he's so evil! And i wanna see Harry finally step into his role as THE BOY WHO LIVED.

Whether you love it or loathe it you cannot disagree that Harry Potter has taken the globe by storm. Why? I think it is really just the fact that Rowling has created a world, so close to our own, so hidden that it could be real and so magical you wish it was.

Come a long way has he not?

You can count me in on being one of the fanatics waiting in line at midnight to get a copy of this book!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Will Ron and Hermione get it on?

Will Harry get some sexy wizardy loving?
Since children read these books, I seriously doubt that there's going to be much magical sex happening.

I cannot wait for the book anyways.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
Its probably gonna be Ron or Hermione that gets killed off!
I honestly think Harry's going to be taking the dirt nap at the end.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I honestly think Harry's going to be taking the dirt nap at the end.
I don't reckon it will be, What's J.K Rowling gonna do when she's skint

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
I don't reckon it will be, What's J.K Rowling gonna do when she's skint
a series of books about ron and hermione?

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
interesting....unlikely, but interesting.

Anyone else hate the name of this one?

unfortunately i dont think harry will get any wizard love and i dont think Ginny is 16 yet. I think Harry will survive, neville might die tragically yet ever so heroically, Ginny could snuff it -i secretly hate ginny and hope she does die. I want to see mcGonagall get involved once in a while, shes so on the sidelines now and i reckon she could be so harcore. I think harrys instinct about snape has been right all along. And Dumbledore knew it, hes always got something up his sleeve has that dumbledore. I want a showdown between Lupin and Fenrir Greyback with Bill backing Lupin up. Bill should become some kind of super werewolf that can kick Fenrir wolfie hide. I want there to a massive good versus evil at Fleur and Bill's wedding - cake everywhere. Plus i wanna see the wand waving hardcore battle side of Mrs. Weasley. Betcha if Ron and the guys was in trouble she'd friggin sort it all out mate

I have to admit, I hate that in the few spoilers we get, one of the first things they give out is the bodycount. That aside, I'm hoping this is as good as ever. I ought to re-read the others again, lol.

One thing I'm pretty thoroughly convinced of...

WARNING: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" spoilers below
...Snape's going to end up being a good guy. At the very least, his betrayal of Dumbledore will have been unavoidable; either via some sort of previous arrangement with Dumbledore, or because he was under the influence of some curse/unbreakable promise.

There's just no way the series would build Dumbledore up as this paragon of wisdom and judgement, and then have him misfire so ridiculously with Snape, time and time again, to his death.

I could be wrong, of course, but I just don't feel like a genuine betrayal fits with the narrative at all.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Yoda
One thing I'm pretty thoroughly convinced of...

...Snape's going to end up being a good guy. At the very least, his betrayal of Dumbledore will have been unavoidable; either via some sort of previous arrangement with Dumbledore, or because he was under the influence of some curse/unbreakable promise.

There's just no way the series would build Dumbledore up as this paragon of wisdom and judgement, and then have him misfire so ridiculously with Snape, time and time again, to his death.

I could be wrong, of course, but I just don't feel like a genuine betrayal fits with the narrative at all.
I dont wanna believe that Snape is a good guy, even if Dumbledore did believe it. I wanna put my trust in harrys instinct because ignoring for a moment that Dumbledore gave in and let himself be killed, Harry has been right about Snape all along. Snape was working for Voldemort. Snape and Draco were up to something and draco did eventually work for Voldemort. And finally Snape murdered Dumbledore.

After 6 books harry has proven himself time and time again and yet why did none of the characters share vital information with him? Surely there are key facts that could have been shared with him-possibly saving dumbedores life. Learning what Draco was up to, after all Dumbledore said he knew about it, so why not tell harry? Granted he is still at school but this is hardly an excuse considering Harry (while inexperienced with certain spell techniques) is probably just as powerful if not more than some of the members of the order. Hes faced Voldemort more than all of them put together.

EDIT: spoiler tags added.

I will be at my Barnes and Nobles in line and waiting with all the others.

J.K. and I go way back so I was not surprised when she called me the other day to reveal the shocking ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Because she stole the Harry Potter idea from me (yes, I thought of it first) and I actually hate her, I am going to reveal to you what happens:
Oh YEAH! I heard this too. Very exciting news for the franchise. Apparently the first book in the series is going to be published on real human flesh, cloned of course. And its going to be called Harriet and Ron 2: The Clone Wars. The big bad villian is Lord Cloneymort. I can't wait!

In recent Potter news, Bloomsbury have released the covers for the US version, the British version and the adult version of The Deathly Hallows. Have a gander!

US Version

UK Version

Adult version

What do we think? I like the US one, its pretty simple for the fnial book though, nothing exciting going on. Where as the UK version is mental! Hermione looks like Ron has just done a very naughty deed to her.

Um... what exactly is the adult version of The Deathly Harrows? Is it something you shouldn't read until you're 18 (in the United States)? I never heard about any adult versions of Harry Potter... at least not any written by J.K. Rowling.

Its basically the blue version for adults who like their Potter stories a bit rougher. Like remember in the Chamber of Secrets when Harry finds the Gryffindor sword? Well in the adults version its a....well its a Dildo to be honest. Also Harry has managed to have sex with all the female staff members by the 6th book. Including McGonnagall. Twice.

I for one prefer the kiddies version.

What I want to know is, what's up with that medallion on the adult version? Perhaps I'm too far removed from reading the last two, but I don't quite recall whether or not that item has come into play yet; if not, I daresay it gives us some insight into the developments of the final book. Then again, it seems familiar, so I might just be forgetting something I've already read.

I can't remember any mention of a medallion in the most recent book. Although the images on the adult cover are always objects that play improtant roles in that book. How did Harry get the initials R.A.B in the last book? Were they on a medallion? Perhaps the medallion has something to do with the final Horcrux?