Did Forrest Gump and his son both have AIDS??

Tools    

Toys with a retarded person's heart/emotions.
Is a bitch to a retarded person.
Gives a retarded person HIV by selfishly having sex and then leaving.
Births a bastard AIDS Haley Joel Osment.
Leaves said AIDS bastard in the care of a retarded person.
Not fair for the retarded person or AIDS Haley Joel Osment.
But Jenny was a saint.
I agree with the general point, though I certainly don't think she gave Forrest the disease. And it's pretty clear that she was one of the first to get it, and therefore didn't even realize what she had.

I think the best summary is that she treated him terribly for awhile and then got her act together, realized he'd always been there for her, and treated him well from that point on.

Jenny represented to me America's dark side, where Forrest represented its spirit. Maybe that isn't exact but both characters journey through mid to late 20th century American history and get caught up in its defining events. We mainly follow Forrest but their fates are intertwined.

I've always seen FG as a broader film than merely being about one character. He acts primarily as witness but also as catalyst, though the latter role usually appears amusingly unintentional since he's typically clueless about either the larger ramifications or context of his actions.

Maybe the movie was actually directed at what women should and shouldn't do. Like if you act a whore and you will die of the aids! or at least it was implied it was aids. However doesn't seem to me that there would be any reason to think the boy or Gump got the aids. I suppose there was the other underlying theme in the movie that if you are white and well it doesn't matter what your stature may be, you can make it in the US of A on anyone dreams. "That's all I have to say about that..."

It seems pretty clear that Jenny died from AIDS and I was always under the impression that she and Forrest's sexual encounter happened long after she contracted the virus so I'm pretty sure it would have taken a long time for the symptoms to start appearing in him or his son...long after the movie ended. At this point, I also have to say that I have never been 100% convinced that the boy was REALLY Forrest's son.

I never thought about that sort of dark ending, a whole family with AIDS.

But you don't have to get AIDS just because you slept with a woman who had it, nor do all kids get it from their infected mother.

Forrest's low I.Q. didn't cause any problems for him, other than the way callous people treated him because of their own assumptions and bigotry. So after Gump's long and improbable journey the thing he's taken away from it is that the best way to get around the ugliness of the world is to be "smart"? This is the message of the film? Stupid isn't as stupid does, rather it is how you're made to feel by the worst people you encounter, so if you know what's good for you don't be something they can ridicule out of cruelty and ignorance: be "normal"...whatever in the fart THAT is.

You're usually a much better arguer than that. So you are comparing military service and a World War to the way somebody is born and has zero control over from the instant they emerge from the womb? How do these things equate? It would be more like if Forrest Gump were an American Black man in the South asking with hopeful tears in his eyes if his son could pass for White, because hey, wouldn't it just be an easier road if he were caucasian? It's unrealistic to expect society and bigotry to change, so the best defense is to blend in with them so they don't see you coming and then maybe you'll get through life without being picked on? THAT is the sentiment I get from that scene at the end.

Forrest Gump treats every single person he encountered on his journey the same open and honest way, it didn't matter if they were poor or rich or famous or what race or creed they were or if he knew them his whole life or met them as strangers on a bench waiting for a bus. Because of this attitude the universe rewards him time and time again, no matter how stupid and cruel the other people around him are. But when it comes to his own son...oh, I hope he's not a retard. Terrific. Lesson learned.
Originally i thought holden was just a ****in ******, but taking a closer look it would seem he was just arguing for the sake of arguing.
forest being the man he is (simple, kind, unbiased) wouldn't want his son to be intelligent for any reason other than wanting the best for his son. 100 percent natural emotion for a father to a child. Especially remembering all the **** he had to go through as a child, not having a spot on the bus, being harassed by a group of boys from grade school to high school. those experiences may have had a role in shaping him into the man he was, but those experiences with out a doubt were hurtful in the moment. it's reasonable for him to wonder if his son was going to have to go through the same **** he had to deal with growing up. it would also be extremely unfair to say as much as forrest went through in the some odd 40, very eventful years, that he didn't understand that being "intelligent" didnt make you less of a person.

Philadelphia is actually a sequel to Forrest Gump.
Its true. Forrest got smart, decided to move to Philly, and be gay.

There is always a guest viewing this thread when I check the Who's Online section. Wonder why?
maybe someone died while lurking this page and has yet to be found

maybe someone died while lurking this page and has yet to be found
Deadite?! Did someone ever turn his computer off?