Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

kick back and watch humanity go by
Hero and Watership Down for the early years

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Armeggedon (sp?) had a few good tear jerkers in it. In fact, having enjoyed it so much, i get teary as the scenes building up to it start to play out.

The ending to Immortal Beloved

We'll always have Paris.
The saddest movie ? Hmm. I'm not sure, but off the top of my head; I can think of a scene.
WARNING: "LOTR's" spoilers below
How about Boromir's death defending Merry & Pippin in LOTR's.
Never has the atonement for guilt been more remarkably presented in film.

Edit: Did you have to give me a negative rating for my post ? I'm new to the forums; I'm learning everything as I go. All you had to do was tell me via PM to include the spoiler tags, and I would have.

As sad movies go, I don't think anything tops Schindler's List. A close second, in my book, is Philadelphia.

Others that immediately come to mind are Million Dollar Baby, 21 Grams, The Pianist, and American History X.

In America is one of my favorite films, and while the overall feeling you get from it is not one of sadness, there are a few scenes in it that cause me to do the "ugly cry" every time.

i'm really showing my age here but, the saddest movie i have ever seen would have to be"Brian's song."i saw it on tv when i was 6 or 8,and it made me cry,the first movie to ever do so!

Passion of the Christ! That movie reinvigorated my faith in Him.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - one of my favourite flicks, it has personal meaning for me - way to sad
Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - i was so sorry for Anakin
Green Mile - chair scene T_T

What is the saddest movie you have seen ever in your life?

At first I thought it was Requim for a Dream, but recently I have realized the saddest movie ever is the one which completes a story started in 1977.

Yes, thats right the saddest movie I think I have ever seen is Revenge of the Sith.
Saddest in what definition? It was a beautifully tragic saga or a pathetic attempt to rehash a great series of films?

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
One of the saddest movies I've seen is " The Fountain ". Um......yah I've never cried so much watching a movie! It wrecked me and I dont think I'll be watching it anytime soon!

I forgot about A.I.. I don't think of it as sad, but profoundly depressing. That and Boys Don't Cry. I felt like I wouldn't laugh again after each of those.

1. Schindler's List - The granddaddy of all sad movies.
2. The Elephant Man - Very touching.
3. The Mist - Not really sad as it is depressing. Great ending although many hate it I still think its one of the greatest shocks ever put on film.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
V? As in aliens from outer space? The movie that in many ways mirrored the Nazi's of Germany in WW2, that V?

The way I remember it, the humans eventually fought back and won. I think it took a TV series, perhaps a mini series or two in order to make that happen. I LOVED it. I didn't think it was sad at all.

The alien chick leader was hawt.

Welcome to the human race...
Nah, I think he meant Saw V - his claims about horror seem to reinforce it.

Ah, whatever, he'll be banned soon enough.

The saddest movies I've seen are "The Elephant Man" and "Watership Down" I've never cried so much watching a movie! I dont think I'll be watching these anytime soon!

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Ah! Thanks! I watched one Saw and that was enough for me. I suppose it was sad in a way. Yuck! LOL!

Nah, I think he meant Saw V - his claims about horror seem to reinforce it.

Ah, whatever, he'll be banned soon enough.

Spam is annoying. Not to mention he posted a link to a downloading movies site.