Justified

Tools    

Little more than halfway thru season 4, and I can honestly say its better than last season. If anyone hasnt been watching it youre missing out. The show is as-good-as Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead. I mean that.

The season finale last night was just incredible. I have been such a fan of this show since the beginning, and they continuously deliver every. single. season.

There are some huge Nolan Batman parallels recently. How Raylan is walking the line of what he has to do as the stories Hero. "I don't have to kill you, but I don't have to save you".

Also, these writers are able to keep on delivering the Raylan dialogue that I love so much. My favorite from last night:

"Take the deal or you die here tonight in this limo...."
"You didn't kill me."
"You're still in the limo."

Great season. Not as good as 2, but better than 3, and probably better than 1.

And man, every scene with Olyphant and Goggins is a pleasure. I could listen to Boyd talk all day. Even if guys like Nicky need Google Translate on their phones to understand him.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
End of season 4, and truly happy with the direction and style of this series. Was, and is, a big elmore leonard fan and though i missed a large chunk of season 1, I've been addicted ever since. Dialogue, characters, storyline have continued to shine with each season. DAMN FINE series!!

Season 5 !!!

Im halfway thru 2nd episode and this show is still solid as a rock! 5th season and not slowing down any. I really appreciate how many actors you see in each episode that you recognize from film. Huge fan of the writing of this show. I hope theyve won an award or will.

Most of you have probably already heard, but they've declared that next season (the 6th) will be the last.

Little bummed, but not terribly so. The whole thing was based on a short story to begin with, and I can definitely feel them going over the same kind of ground a little, so this should be for the best. And it'll probably have the added benefit of making this season and the next one a lot better, since they can afford to ramp things up, knowing they're about to end it.

Yeah, six seasons sounds about right. And gives them an entire season to build toward something, with that knowledge, rather than finding out after a season has been shot and done that it was the last. I love it, but I'd rather it go out strong and with purpose than be one of those shows that are great to begin but kind of wither and die. I was never a fan of "Dexter", but from what I understand from its fans that is one that ran longer than it should have. And I was a HUGE fan of "Weeds", but it became nearly unwatchable in its last couple seasons.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This show doesnt have to do much for me to have a great time watching it. This whole season has been a script from hell for poor Boyd & Eva. Its seemingly impossible for either of them to catch a break.

Eric Roberts sighting! He did very well effortlessly, and must think he really did a job on his name with a-list hollywood "back when". Its been awhile and he's put in good work. Im guessing he's sober. Anyway with all the idiocy today in tinseltown, and amount of time thats gone by, Im surprised hes not in more mainstream stuff.

I wonder if theres any way they can bring Ian McShane in for the last season. That would just be too awesome!

with the passing of elmore the writing as gotten a more darker tone, not critiquing, just remarking on the lastest turn and on an excellent ride, and damn happy to see when this show makes me jump or chuckle at what happens next. Last night's episode was an excellent example of that.

Very different episode in how everything played out. Usually Raylan draws his weapon, and you certainly expect that with a motive like this, but they put together a slick presentation by not showing us what the "bad guy" was doing. The whole storyline with Raylan was from just the justice departments perspective so everything seemed more random.

Boyds storyline was awesome, and he surprises me everytime something like this happens. They have some serious buildup on all three storylines with Raylan/Boyd/Eva, and the shows as good as it ever was.

Btw, Rachels hot.

I've been assuming for awhile now that, whenever they decided to wrap the show up, Boyd would "turn" somehow and go back to being the more overt bad guy we knew him as from the beginning, thus forcing a confrontation with Raylan before the end.

So, when they announced that next year would be the last, it wasn't hard to figure out that things would Ava would get rocky, because it seemed like her death (or absence from his life for some other reason) would be a necessary precursor to Boyd going off the deep end. And that certainly seems to be where things are headed.

It's a real testament to the way they've developed Raylan and Boyd that almost any outcome would feel earned--Raylan killing Boyd, Raylan letting him him, Raylan putting him away. You can make a great case for any of them. But I lean more towards Raylan putting Boyd away or putting him down. Either way, the confrontation's coming, which is why they're giving Boyd less and less to lose and reminding us more and more how dangerous he is. That's necessary groundwork to lay, given that like all complicated bad guys, we start to like him too much after awhile.

I've been assuming for awhile now that, whenever they decided to wrap the show up, Boyd would "turn" somehow and go back to being the more overt bad guy we knew him as from the beginning, thus forcing a confrontation with Raylan before the end.

It's a real testament to the way they've developed Raylan and Boyd that almost any outcome would feel earned--Raylan killing Boyd, Raylan letting him him, Raylan putting him away. You can make a great case for any of them. But I lean more towards Raylan putting Boyd away or putting him down.
Boyds knowledge of explosives comes out infrequently, but when it does its major. If Ava were to ever die Boyd would kill anyone and everyone responsible for her going in. Lawmen included. So yeah, that would be bad. Not even the Marshalls office itself would be safe if it ever had to go there.

having read so many elmore novels, it would be hard to guage WHERE the conclusion of the raylan/body conflict would lead and I've been having FAR more fun watching and seeing, with the occasional guess and getting wonderfully surprised at what does happen.
There is a definitive spiral for Boyd going on and the tension to where it goes, as well as, for everyone else and their storylines is a true sign of the great writing that this series has brought to the table.

Season 5 is done, and I'm really looking forward to the 6th and final season. Was somewhat disappointed that this episode wasnt tension filled, came off anti-climactic, but it was still great.

since next season is the finale, I think the reason (may be) for what ya felt was anti-climatic was setting everything and everyone up for a huge finale to an amazing series.

since next season is the finale, I think the reason (may be) for what ya felt was anti-climatic was setting everything and everyone up for a huge finale to an amazing series.
I do think youre in the correct on that.

Still wished they had brought in Ian McShane at some point in this series.