The greatest T.V. series EVER made really is.....

Tools    

Louie is a good shout. I stopped after Season 4; the show kind of bums me out which is part of its greatness i'd say. Should get back into it.

Also Mad Men is my #2 behind The Sopranos

I own all of The Wire on DVD but have never watched it. I think I watched the first episode once ages ago. The Sopranos is probably "the best" show I have seen. My step-dad started watching Breaking Bad the other week so I have rewatched the first three seasons of that recently, also great. I never got in to Better Call Saul that much, I watched up to episode two/three of season two and stopped, but I might try it again soon. Fargo is amazing at the moment, loved season two. Need to watch Mad Men as I know I will absolutely love that.

Favourite comedy is a tough one, really really tough. There's a lot I love. Having rewatched all of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently maybe that is the one that makes me laugh the most, but I feel like every time I rewatch one I think "damn, maybe this is my favourite". I will always love both versions of The Office.

And having said all that, actually, Twin Peaks is probably my favourite show of all. The thought of it coming back, and hearing stuff about it gives me goosebumps and gets me so excited. It has its problems but its magical, and I think it will be amazing to see it in the current TV environment.

And having said all that, actually, Twin Peaks is probably my favourite show of all. The thought of it coming back, and hearing stuff about it gives me goosebumps and gets me so excited. It has its problems but its magical, and I think it will be amazing to see it in the current TV environment.
I've noticed by your reps you are the only one who has been paying attention to my updates in the Twin Peaks thread

Nah, my favourite show is The Sopranos. What's your favourite Comedy Show?
Ooo! Thats tough! Simpsons and South Park for laughs alone, Ill say 1. The Simpsons 2. South Park, and 3. Cheers.

Ooo! Thats tough! Simpsons and South Park for laughs alone, Ill say 1. The Simpsons 2. South Park, and 3. Cheers.
The Simpsons is a fine #1. Seasons 1-8 are some of the best TV ever; Season 11-present is just so awful that i can't think of it as one of the best overall but i understand not everyone thinks like that. I watched the first 5 seasons of Cheers on Netflix and liked it alot; must admit i got a bit burn out and haven't returned to it yet. I miss Coach . I thought he was the best character. Think i prefer Frasier at least so far.

The Simpsons is a fine #1. Seasons 1-8 are some of the best TV ever; Season 11-present is just so awful that i can't think of it as one of the best overall but i understand not everyone thinks like that. I watched the first 5 seasons of Cheers on Netflix and liked it alot; must admit i got a bit burn out and haven't returned to it yet. I miss Coach . I thought he was the best character. Think i prefer Frasier at least so far.
Yeah Frasier would definitely be in my top ten. The only reason Id put Cheers ahead of it was there were so many great characters.

John Laroquette in Night Court playing sleazy Dan Fielding produced some of the most hysterical moments Ive seen on tv. He stole that show.

Well Im on the last episode of The Corner, Ill catch up on Westworld, and then I get to decide if I want to rewatch The Wire, or one of these series for the first time...

Peaky Blinders
The West Wing
Oz (Ive probably seen 1/3rd of them when first aired)
Homeland (Seen first 4 episodes)
Black Mirror
Broadchurch
Death Note
Homicide
Southland
Spooks MI-5
The Leftovers
The Office (US)
last season of Downton Abbey
last season of Hannibal
Fargo season 2
Show Me A Hero
Rome
Mad Men (saw the first 6 episodes, and it didnt grab me)
other half of season 4 House Of Cards
Vinyl

Suggestions?

If you do give Mad Men another try all i'd say is you need to keep in mind that it doesn't really "grab you", it's not thrilling like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones or whatever. It is pretty slow and you'd have to be willing to give it a good go so hopefully you get into the characters, if you do you'll agree it was worth it. Hope you enjoy it if you give it another chance.

I watched a few eps from Homicide a few months back; was enjoying it should get back to it at some point. Show Me A Hero and Generation Kill from Simon have been on my watchlist for ages as well.

I've noticed by your reps you are the only one who has been paying attention to my updates in the Twin Peaks thread
Honestly that two minute clip of them just talking about the new show almost made me cry because of how amazing I envision it's going to be

Well Im on the last episode of The Corner, Ill catch up on Westworld, and then I get to decide if I want to rewatch The Wire, or one of these series for the first time...
I'm curious what you thought of The Corner, Tongo? I've always wanted to watch it and for a long time had a really difficult time finding somewhere online to watch it, is it worth my time?

If you do give Mad Men another try all i'd say is you need to keep in mind that it doesn't really "grab you", it's not thrilling like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones or whatever. It is pretty slow and you'd have to be willing to give it a good go so hopefully you get into the characters, if you do you'll agree it was worth it. Hope you enjoy it if you give it another chance.

I watched a few eps from Homicide a few months back; was enjoying it should get back to it at some point. Show Me A Hero and Generation Kill from Simon have been on my watchlist for ages as well.
A buddy suggested Generation Kill to me a few years ago, and I tried watching it. Problem I had was the same when I tried reading Red Dawn Rising by Tom Clancy, or the second have of G Gordon Liddys autobiography Will, I had no idea the terminology or divisions or any of the nicknames/initials of things they were talking about?! I heard its great though, and I liked Skarsgard in two seasons of True Blood at least.

Homicide I know will be good, Andre Braugher is soooooo underated. He should be the next Morgan Freeman.

It's on Youtube. It is practically The Wire before The Wire

Episode 1:

Man that takes me back.

I'm curious what you thought of The Corner, Tongo? I've always wanted to watch it and for a long time had a really difficult time finding somewhere online to watch it, is it worth my time?
I just finished it. It is incredible. Warning though, its so spot-on its depressing. Charles S Dutton should have won something for the directing job he did in this, and Clarke Peters should have won Best Supporting Actor for his work in this too (He played Lester on The Wire)

My top TV series of all time (which I also put as my top "film" of all time in my top 50):

The Wire? I watched the first season, I though it was just a boring crime serial that is popular among some people in the US but I don't really think it was anything special.