TONGO Reviews Everything

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I thought Creed was pretty bad. Probably the worst of the series along with Rocky V.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I thought Creed was pretty bad. Probably the worst of the series along with Rocky V.
Strongly disagree. There was enough good acting, slick directing, much MUCH better story, and just an overall more exciting film. Forget it man theres no comparison. Tommy Morrison & Slys son?! Give me a break, this movie had more going for it than that clumsy mess.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Strongly disagree. There was enough good acting, slick directing, much MUCH better story, and just an overall more exciting film. Forget it man theres no comparison. Tommy Morrison & Slys son?! Give me a break, this movie had more going for it than that clumsy mess.
Tony Bellew as Creed's opponent was embarrasing. And the whole Goodison football ground CGI mess at the end was awful. It lacked the magic of the previous movies, and doesn't come close to the level of excitement from all the previous movies.

I loved Creed. I almost reviewed it myself. Still might someday. I disagree with you about the things you didn't like.

As I've said before, I like Rocky V and find Rocky Balboa to be the worst movie in the franchise. At least that's how I feel right now.

Creed was a big improvement. I agree it's probably the best since Rocky III. It feels kinda like an alternative Rocky III in that it felt like the first two Rocky movies in tone.

Thank you Sexy!

Optimus you didnt like Tony Bellew? I thought he did good.

I think the level of excitment would have been helped if they had better music and score. They didnt do the training montage.....I should deduct half a star for that.....

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Thank you Sexy!

Optimus you didnt like Tony Bellew? I thought he did good.

I think the level of excitment would have been helped if they had better music and score. They didnt do the training montage.....I should deduct half a star for that.....

Nope i didn't like him. I'm from Liverpool so the whole movie felt very cringey. I visit Everton's football ground every other weekend so the whole goodison park stadium ending was terrible.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm with Sexy. I really liked (close to loved) Creed. But then I love pretty much the entire series. It's almost like my equivalent of Star Wars

I wrote a big review for it but don't think I quite finished it. Will need to go back and try to do so.

Whoever played Adonis Creed shouldve been mouthier, and a stronger personality, like Carl Weathers played Apollo. He didnt ruin the film, but they could have made a star if they took more time casting this role.

^^^^The worst scene in the movie. It was supposed to be the running montage for young Adonis, yknow how Rocky would run and theyd play his music. Well....they didnt play that music, and wouldnt play that music AT ALL...not until the final round in the last fight
I thought Jordan was a nice mix of Apollo's cockiness but with a tough, gritty side as a result of his tough childhood. He was almost like an amalgamation of Apollo and Rocky. And it would seem strange if he was an exact copy of Apollo given that he never knew him. Fair enough if he grew up with Apollo as his father, he may have inherited more of his personality.

And I liked how the film withheld some of the series' truly iconic moments. While they dropped in little touches (chasing chickens, "women weaken the legs") they held off on big stuff like the music until it felt like the film and the character had earned those moments.

Mm, I like that. He hadnt earned the Rocky music yet. Thats a nice way of looking at it JayDee!

I think the next film I watch will be Steve Jobs or Lions For Lambs. Is one notably better than the other?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Mm, I like that. He hadnt earned the Rocky music yet. Thats a nice way of looking at it JayDee!
I could be remembering it wrong but I think

WARNING: "Creed spoilers" spoilers below
the music kicks in for the final round doesn't it? Adonis has been knocked down and seemingly out but somehow he drags himself back to his feet and wants to fight on. He is quite literally learning to stand on his own feet, showing that he deserves to be in that ring with the champion. He's not just there because he has Rocky in his corner or he has the Creed name, he's there on his own merits. And at the same time he has found peace in his relationship with his father. He has earned the Rocky music, arguably one of the most iconic bits of movie music of all time.

Also I think if they had just thrown stuff like the music and running up the steps in early on it could have come off as a cheap, obvious move to try and sell this as the new Rocky. And it could have created a bit of resentment amongst the audience in a "who the f*ck is this kid they're shoving down our throats as the new Rocky" kind of way

I think the next film I watch will be Steve Jobs or Lions For Lambs. Is one notably better than the other?
Steve Jobs homey. One of my top ten from last year. Great Sorkin script.

No spoilers, dont worry.

Game Of Thrones
Season 6
Episode 1

Yknow, I dont think Ill ever start calling Theon "Reek". I feel so much pity for his character now, where before I considered him a simpleton & blunderer.

When Sansa was first on Thrones I couldnt have been more bored with a character. Now I find her compelling, MUCH more sympathetic for her now that shes gone thru Joffrey and her "rape marriage" to Ramsey. Now Im completely rooting for her character and Sansa just might be the most realistically written character on the show.

Was pleased with the path they took with Theons & Sansas story, but had to outright forgive and overlook that the show ignored any possible repercussiuons from their jump last season.

Poor Arya. Well you know she will either grow up to be the baddest ass on the planet, or just finally die. They didnt touch on her story much, but theres still a story so somethings gotta give for the good for her somewhere......right?

Tyrions character has been lost after season 3, and I mean in a storyline direction. They seem to have seperated The Spider & Tyrion from Jorah & Danarys storyline....maybe something will finally develop for Mr Dinklage to sink his acting teeth into.

Ooook then, so the Lannisters are going to war with the Dornes. We knew this already, but its just flushed out more fully. Many bookreaders are very disappointed how the Dornes are portrayed. Having not read the books I can say from a "just from the show perspective" that the Dornes are dull. They are. Im rooting for the Lannisters - the Dornes seem like theyre an army of kung-fu bitches with a coat of paint from Spain.

Oh and the ending to the episode has a nude scene you'll never forget.

Yes this was the first time I saw it. From 1952...

So I go into this movie wondering if its possible I can enjoy it. Ive been weaned on Outlaw Josie Wales, Unforgiven, Deadwood, and other cutting edge fare. Could I enjoy an old B&W western where they dont cuss, theres no blood, theres no dirty people, where everything looks like a movie studio, where its everything modern westerns went away from?

Well, Gary Cooper was a great actor for his time. Watching him alongside most everyone else made him look like the only actor, but it was the times. People always read their lines loudly and waited for the other person to finish. Gary Cooper was more organic and you dont notice it as much with his presence. Sorry Lloyd Bridges & Grace Kelly, but Grace was a thespian supreme compared to Katy Jurado. It was neat seeing a young Lee Van Cleef though I dont think he had any lines.

Cooper wasnt some rugged action star, and so the movie can draw you into his desperation. The background music sung by Tex Ritter wasnt as impactful on me like Im sure it was on viewers 60 years ago, so it was all on Cooper.

Theres not much to the story, or even to talk about. I do think they should remake this, and I do believe the audience could handle a slow paced - deliver at the end type western, Unforgiven pretty much was like that. I kept thinking Tom Hanks would be great in Coopers part. If a great Director got ahold of it (not named Tarantino), and with the right casting, then some studio could make a mint on this simple western.

I wont rate this movie because it wouldnt be fair to, its a classic. I do hope they remake this though.

Yeah I knew there was nothing wrong with it, for its time, but they really need to remake it. Long overdue especially compared to some horrible films made today

I just found out Ric Flair has his own podcast, oh baby. TONGO a big mark for the Nature Boy

Im gonna listen to every-single-one of these, and after finishing his first pod with Kurt Angle I know itll be no burden. Im very curious to hear his 2 parter with Eric Bischoff because those two hated each other. True hate, Flair almost went bankrupt in legal court costs fighting Bischoff.

Its funny cause Flair talked as much if not more than Angle, but Angle was enjoying Flair tell his stories, this stuffs a true pleasure.

WOOOOO! Nation with Ric Flair

http://www1.play.it/audio/wooooo-nation-with-ric-flair/

Yeah I knew there was nothing wrong with it, for its time, but they really need to remake it. Long overdue especially compared to some horrible films made today
Tongo, you need to watch more classic B&W films. Didn't you say you were going to immerse yourself in nothing but old Black & White movies for a month. If you really did do that, then the idea that they need to be remade, won't seem important. High Noon is perfect as it is.

Tongo, you need to watch more classic B&W films, weren't you going to immerse yourself in them. Then the idea that they need to be remade, won't seem important. If High Noon was made today it would be a mess. It's perfect as it is.
A remake wouldnt take anything away from the original. If the remake was good people would still adore the first one. Like True Grit, there are many that like both versions.

They could make a simple remake of High Noon with modern day actors and I think everyone would be surprised by how well itd do. With the right director, and talent, I doubt theyd drop the ball.

Im gonna target old movies, but will watch some choice new ones. Not necessarily all B&W as my next one is Dial M For Murder.