"Buy From Amazon" link

Tools    

Yo MoFos.

I just posted an announcement about a Buy From Amazon link I just added to the Quick Links menu. It's just a standard affiliate link; anything you buy after clicking it, we get a tiny percentage of. I wouldn't ask any of you to go out of your way to buy anything new, but if you're thinking of buying something from Amazon anyway, and you can remember to click that link first, it'd be a real help for me in terms of justifying all the stupidly ambitious plans I have for the site over the next year or two.

We're not "in trouble" or anything like that; I've worked hard to make sure this site is cheap to run, so we never have to resort to anything crazy like charging for anything, or even asking for donations to keep it afloat. But it does take up a lot of time and, as I increasingly resemble a grown-up human being, that time is a little bit harder to come by, and little things like this can go a long way towards making it a lot easier to carve out more time for it in place of more lucrative (buy way less fun) work.

Anyway, if you guys are willing, and can remember, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's a small thing to remember, but it could mean a great deal. Thank you.

If I ever buy from amazon I'll go through Mofo first.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I saw that, but I wish it had been up bit sooner as I just purchased about $100 worth of stuff a few days ago.

Suspect's Reviews

You ready? You look ready.
I saw that, but I wish it had been up bit sooner as I just purchased about $100 worth of stuff a few days ago.
Same here, except I did about $300 worth.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

there's a frog in my snake oil
Just to make Yods feel a bit better...

I only spent 20 quid yesterday on Amazon

(And all my final xmas prezzies are set to be 'mixtapes' & 'maker' stuff. If I need glue tho, I will buy MOFO glue )

Yeah, I meant to put this up weeks ago, and I'm pretty stupid for procrastinating. My bad. Hopefully a few MoFos procrastinated similarly on their present-buying.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
That's great, I plan on ordering from there soon, I'll make sure to use the link!

Does it only work on amazon.com or for amazon sites in other countries?
Not as it stands. I might be able to sign up for an Affiliate account on the UK site, too. I'll look into that. Thanks for asking.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
so, like, if i already added something to my cart, can i just go off the site, then go to it again through the Mofo link and proceed with the transaction for it to work?

Re: UK stuff. Doesn't look like I can do anything about that at the moment, so if you need to order from the UK site I guess it probably won't help.

Re: things already added to the cart. Not sure. If you want to be safe re-adding them would do it.

Re: me knowing what you buy. Yes in that they show what's sold, but no in that it's not attached to any data that would allow me to identify who bought it. Not that it matters to me either way, but that's the info they provide.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I will be using this later this week. I'll be getting El Camino by the Black Keys. We also have a lot of "wish list items" from there which may get snagged too. Is this going to be temporary or permanent?

Dunno. It's tucked away pretty unobtrusively on that menu so I guess there's no reason not to leave it there for the time being.

Many thanks to everyone who chooses to use it.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Re: me knowing what you buy. Yes in that they show what's sold, but no in that it's not attached to any data that would allow me to identify who bought it. Not that it matters to me either way, but that's the info they provide.
it'd be kinda fun to try to decipher who bought what, though.

[fake conversation that would never take place because Yoda is way too discreet]
you: "so, ash, bought some new underwear, eh? old ones getting kinda ratty?
me: Yoda!

[fake conversation that would never take place because Yoda is way too discreet]
you: "so, ash, bought some new underwear, eh? old ones getting kinda ratty?
me: Yoda!
You buy your underwear from amazon?

The tiny ones that can slip through her door's mail slot. And in some cases, so tiny they can slip through the keyhole.