Up and Coming Director Stephan Elliott

Tools    

Stephan Elliott I think is one of the primere directors that is up and coming he's just got to put things together more tightly and he'll be turning out tremendously films.

He has a virtuoso eye for the camera and his editing is creative to say the least he just has to tighten a few bolts down in some area's mainly the way certain scenes play together and how characters are developed with the story structure.

I'm intrested in the 3 films he made after Eye of the Beholder (1999) has anyone seen them if so tell me what there like thanks

Singing Margarida (2002)
Darker Saints (2001)
Husband I Bought, The (2001)

if you want to know a little bit more about the guy here's a link to IMDB

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Elliott,+Stephan

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A friend of mine watched Eye of the Beholder and hated it. I never bothered to watch it after that.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I don't know that those three projects you listed have even been completed, much less released.

I've never seen Stephan's debut, Frauds (1993), but The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994) was of course hysterical, unique and a whole lot of fun. Welcome to Woop Woop (1997) was different from Priscilla, but also wonderful and fun.

Eye of the Beholder (1999) was Elliott's first North American production (Canada, to be specific), and he had a horrible time making it. The commentary track on the DVD is pretty illuminating. He doesn't dish out tremendous mounds of dirt, but you can get an idea of how chaotic the production was. I think I caught a bit of something on The Sundance Channel too where Elliott was discussing the horrors of getting that movie made. As is, I like much of Eye of the Beholder - there's some truly great stuff in there. Overall it never quite comes together, but it's a movie I enjoyed in the theater and bought on DVD.

Stephan Elliott's a talented guy, and I'll look forward to any future projects. I just don't think any have been completed and released yet.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

yeah I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything about those projects and you answered it for me thanks

And I too watch a bit of that special it's amazing that movie was made considering all the trouble he went threw how the actors were leaving on him and all that other stuff. I thought for all that was happening the movie turned out quite good.

rent it Spud you my really like it