Vincent D'Onofrio

Tools    

I wonder who'll recognise Vincent D'Onofrio's name. Surely not as many who have seen films starring him. This guy is probably the greatest Chameoleon in America today. Every film he's in, he has a different face and a different body. What does he look like?

His first claim to fame was as Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. He was that movie. The second half of Metal Jacket doesn't come close to the magic of the first. How could we care for Private Cowboy? Pyle was the lead. The film should've concentrated on him. Skinhead, Chubby and Fat

His role in The Player was short but pivotal. He played David Kahane, the writer who Tim Robbins murders. Another excellent performance. Hair, Glasses, Skinny

In Ed Wood he had nothing more than a cameo but he starred as Orson Welles so it must count as something. Did he do the voice? I think I read the person who does the Brain from Pinky and the... did Welles' voice. Anyway. Wonderful performance. What was his line about Charlton Heston again? It was funny. You know what Orson Welles looks like

Men In Black. The alien. Freaky role. A lot of it was special effects but this couldn't be the same guy as who played Orson Welles, could it? Tall, skinny, ugly, wrinkly alien

He was the bad guy in the cell which allowed him to wear dozens of weird costumes and take on dozens of different looks. Too many bodies to count

Is this guy a changeling? If you asked him to do a biography of Pamela Anderson and follow it with a Woody Allen biography, he could play it. Wow!

I thought he deserved a mention.

I most admire Vincent D'Onofrio because he was married to Greta Scacchi for a few years in the early '90s. Lucky bastard.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Guy
i totally agree! i looked at his filmography and saw the films he's been in and couldn't believe it was the same actor in each of those films.

i think the reasons he's not very known is a-- small roles and b -- looks different for each role.

He was WONDERFUL in the cell, totally made the movie. JLo and Vince vauge were also good, but he was perfect

Full metal jacket was his best preformance. Again, he was perfect. One of my favorite actors, and my name is vincent also
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me