Hello! I am a refugee from IMDB...

Tools    

...and I sincerely wish I knew about this place before they shut down, as I would have joined years ago.

I enjoyed discussing classic films there (but stayed light years away from new films because of trolls), but now that they've shut down, I have been trawling the internet looking for a nice harbor in which to dock my boat of... my boat. I don't know, the metaphor fell apart there.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you!
Nice to meet you too!

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the site, Coloratura...as a musical theater major in college, it goes without saying that I LOVE your user name.
Thank you! I've been in choirs all of my life. Well, not all of it, as I haven't been involved with any the past 15 years or so, but from age 5 to 22, I sung my head off. When I was younger, I was the highest soprano in every one of my choirs, and the coloraturas fell to me, and I relished them. In recent years, there was an episode of My Little Pony which introduced a character named Countess Coloratura, and I instantly adored her. ♥
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Asimov

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!

Thank you! I've been in choirs all of my life. Well, not all of it, as I haven't been involved with any the past 15 years or so, but from age 5 to 22, I sung my head off. When I was younger, I was the highest soprano in every one of my choirs, and the coloraturas fell to me, and I relished them. In recent years, there was an episode of My Little Pony which introduced a character named Countess Coloratura, and I instantly adored her. ♥
I was a soprano until I was 16 years old...my voice took a LONG time to change...I used to sing along with Julie Andrews on the soundtrack to The Sound of Music and could match her note for note.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Welcome to the site. Hope you decide to stay and post, great community here with healthy film discussion and horrible political discussion.

Suspect's Reviews

Hello and welcome!
Hello, and thank you!

I was a soprano until I was 16 years old...my voice took a LONG time to change...I used to sing along with Julie Andrews on the soundtrack to The Sound of Music and could match her note for note.
Ah, yes, the sublime Julie Andrews. ♥
16 years old and could still match her note for note? That is impressive! I made it to 12, and then that ability started to fade. These days, I can sing Elton John without problems, but any higher and it is quite difficult, and the vocal quality quickly drops. So kudos to you for maintaining it for so long!

Welcome to the site. Hope you decide to stay and post, great community here with healthy film discussion and horrible political discussion.
Thank you! A political forum, you say?