Real Stories from the Pro Wrestling Industry

Tools    

Also, Captain Spaulding, why are you showing TONGO this picture and not me?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Okay, here's a little anecdote. 2004, I was in New York with my now ex-wife (we were still dating at the time). We went to a 7-11 in Scarsdale to stock up on snacks for a movie night and I recognized someone dressed up spiffy with the cashier. I go to my ex, that he looks familiar. All of a sudden, I realized that it could be Paul Heyman. She looked and said, I think that's him. She went up to him and asked if he was...and it actually was the man himself. He left for his car but she grabbed a 7-11 napkin and had him sign it for me. She heard him on the phone with someone and he was telling the person on the other end, "I'm signing an autograph. Yeah, I actually still have fans". I have to look around if I still have that autograph somewhere, but I doubt I still have it. But that was my shocking story involving pro wrestling.

That one topic of pro-wrestling everyone doesnt want to talk about, that one worker. If you were front office, or one of the boys, or even a fan, that subject is avoided. Chris Benoit.

Just saw this video, and DDP says an x-ray of Benoits brain came back as if it were the brain of an 85 year old man with alzheimers. Compound that with pain killers, steroids, alcohol, and multiple concussions resulted in the tragedy of him killing his family and himself.

So, me the movie buff equated it to a movie, and the movie was
WARNING: spoilers below
Shutter Island.
What a moment of horror he must have had when he realized what he first did, but I wish he had the stuff necessary to call the police instead of killing his son the next day.

Dont know if the movie analogy makes me understand it better, but now I finally do, though he will remain unspoken as theres no condoning it.

I've heard a lot of funny wrestling stories but this one takes the cake lol! Jesse Ventura is easily in top ten all time promos/talkers in the business, still one of my favorites.

I watched the whole podcast already! Jake has some good stories.
Did you know that Jake Roberts is doing stand-up comedy now? I was stunned but it makes perfect sense cuz he was one of the best Talkers in the business and he still is a great talker. I'm looking forward to watching the entire podcast myself too. I never would have dreamed that Scott Hall and Jake Roberts would still be alive today and doing well like they are especially coming from the pro wrestling industry. DDP is a miracle worker and I think deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame simply for pulling this off...... more specifically helping them pull sobriety off.

@jiraffejustin I just finished the Joe Rogan podcast with Jake Robert's. It was better than I thought it'd be. 2 hrs 20 minutes just flew by with some of the most insightful, hilarious, and powerful speaking. I think I'm gonna stick with Rogans podcast. He's such a regular guy and you can tell his guests are more open because they feel comfortable.