why oh why

Tools    

Have Hollywood not learned yet that remaking movies doesn't work.......... Oldboy is next in line, how could u improve that movie an bring it to a wider audience... You couldn't simple as that, it is so amazing because its made an acted by extremely talented people, as is the whole vengeance trilogy. They're like Mona lisa's or a Jackson Pollack. No one goes round coping them an hanging them up in national galleries saying here's a Pollack we've improved it slightly touched it up etc. No you've ruined it.

I of no actor who could play Choi Min-sik or Lee Byung-huns characters or direct it as good as Kim Ji-woon. I honestly feel that Korean films have changed my perspective of movies. From a person who just sat there and watched to a person who now goes on a journey with the characters from beginning to end, and I leave the movie with something. These films are completely untouchable and should stay that way. Just the same as I wouldn't want deer hunter, taxi driver, apocalypse now, etc remaking.

Have some integrity, imagination and balls to really make some fantastic films...

Recently watched in the last week.
The chaser
Tale of two sisters
Lady vengeance
Sympathy for Mr vengeance
Bedevilled
What business is it of your's what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I don't harm another human being whilst on this planet? And for those of you having a little moral dilemna on how to answer this, I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR ****ING BUSINESS Take that to the bank, cash it and take it on a vacation outta my ****ing life. And stop bringing shotguns to UFO sightings, they might be here to pick me up and take me with 'em.

Oh one more thing, I love video games have done all my life, an I would love to see some of the great games transcend to film but I know in my heart it doesn't work, here's a little extract from one insider on assassins creed. Glad someone as some sense at Ubisoft.

The baffling deal between Sony Pictures and Ubisoft to bring Assassin's Creed to the silver screen guarantees the project will fail, according to Hollywood insiders.

With so many game-to-film adaptations taking shocking liberties with the source material --Super Mario Bros. anyone? -- Ubisoft wanted to ensure that its blockbuster Assassin's Creed series would be handled with care in its transition to the big screen. When the publisher struck up a deal with Sony Pictures, it was specifically under the proviso that the film company would give Ubisoft complete creative control.

That alone guarantees that the film will never see the light of day, according to a Vulture report.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
There is a whole page full of similar threads.

Thread closed.