Mark's Movie Reviews 4 Fun

→ in
Tools    

Great review, as always, Mark...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Quick Review #10

Finally, my Quick Review #10 is finished (it's only been 6 months!). Click the above link to read.

This Quick Review includes one paragraph comments on the following classic films:

Jezebel- (d. W. Wyler, 1938) - starring Bette Davis and Henry Fonda

The Great Ziegfeld - (d. R. Leonard, 1936) - starring William Powell

A Place in the Sun - (d. G. Stevens, 1951) - starring Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, and Shelley Winters

Laura - (d. O. Preminger, 1944) - starring Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews

The Postman Always Rings Twice - (d. T. Garnett, 1946) - starring John Garfield and Lana Turner

Days of Wine and Roses - (d. B. Edwards, 1962) - starring Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick

3:10 to Yuma - (d. D. Daves, 1957) - starring Glenn Ford and Van Heflin

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town - (d. F. Capra, 1936) - starring Gary Cooper and Jean Arthur

Destry Rides Again - (d. G. Marshall, 1939) - starring James Stewart and Marlene Dietrich[/b]
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Thanks MarkyMark, a few of my favourites there that I haven't seen for ages. Must try and find them, to watch again.
I love,

Jezebel- (d. W. Wyler, 1938) - starring Bette Davis and Henry Fonda

A Place in the Sun - (d. G. Stevens, 1951) - starring Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, and Shelley Winters

The Postman Always Rings Twice - (d. T. Garnett, 1946) - starring John Garfield and Lana Turner

Days of Wine and Roses - (d. B. Edwards, 1962) - starring Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town - (d. F. Capra, 1936) - starring Gary Cooper and Jean Arthur

Destry Rides Again - (d. G. Marshall, 1939) - starring James Stewart and Marlene Dietrich[/b]

Put me in your pocket...
I really like your quick reveiws Mark. I've seen and absolutely love Jezebel, The Great Ziegfeld, Laura and Destry Rides Again.

About Marlene Dietrich and Madeline Kahn...hehe..I recently watched Dietrich in Witness for the Prosecution and I couldn't help but think about Madeline Kahn's impersonation of her. Kahn was so dead on. I think the two will always be eternally linked for me.

Days of Wine and Roses~ Thanks for the review...I've never seen this but I've noticed it at my library. I'll need to keep this one in mind.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Sorry. I stopped writing the bi-weekly reviews at #50, and I don't think we'll be starting again. I had started Quick Reviews #11, but haven't gotten very far.

I also started a riddle page (inspired by the riddle website OG directed us to in the "Riddle of Sorts" thread. However, I got about halfway through and put it on hold. If I go any farther, I need to pay double a month on my website account, which I'm not sure I'm ready to do.

To keep my creative energies flowing, I'm currently working on some other things for one of my other interests: pinball. I'll keep you all posted when it "happens."

Come back Mark!!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Mark
Sorry. I stopped writing the bi-weekly reviews at #50, and I don't think we'll be starting again. I had started Quick Reviews #11, but haven't gotten very far.
Mark...you're the only one who has consistently reviewed the classics and I've always enjoyed reading your reviews. Even if you still haven't gotten very far in your Quick Reviews #11, you could still just post what you have. You are very much missed around here.