The Scariest Thing I've ever seen in my life.

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
This is the scariest thing I have seen in my entire life.

I sent Yoda this link, but he refused to look at the picture. But since I am so unbelievably captivated that these creatures exist on this lovely planet, I must spread the word. It really doesn't hit you til you see it. I'm a huge nature freak and I had no idea something like this existed. It will haunt my dreams for ever.

The background, for those who don't want to read the conversation:
This is a picture of two demons that have the earthly names of Camel Spiders. The picture was sent to me from a friend, who recieved it from his sister, who recieved it from the person who took the pic (someone in her company in Iraq). The trooper had pulled these things out of his freecking sleeping bag.

The best response so far:
SteelRiverSavior: WHAT THE ****
SteelRiverSavior: NO
SteelRiverSavior: THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING AND THOSE ARE THE HORSEMEN

Again. This is the scariest thing I have seen in my entire life.

My life isn't written very well.
Yeah, WHAT THE F***?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awful creatures! I have never seen anything like this!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

The Cajuns here would probably use them for gator bait or gumbo…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You should see what screw-worm maggots can do to living beings.
[Edit: Take a look at one]
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
It's fcking "Alien" right here on earth!

Thanks for the nightmares, peter, you a-hole!

Aw… come on Toosie, it’s just an itsy bitsy spider …

This is what I know about these things from first hand knowledge:

I have seen camels walking by that have had literally 15-20 of these things living on them. They do not seem to hurt the camel at all. I have found them in my tent and they are very agressive. A friend of mine was bit by one and the wound was no worse than a bee sting and had no lasting effect. The medic that looked at him said the only danger is if the wound comes infected by not cleaning it. They will jump on your legs as you walk buy and there is not much warning as they burrow in the sand. They scared the crap out of me, but actually they are no more harmful than a house spider, unless of course you have a heart attack. Alot of my fellow soldiers would catch them and pit them against scorpions and almost always the scorpion would win, but if the spider had an escape route the scorpion was left in the dust.

I've heard the same things 7thson is talking about. I've also heard that the average Camel Spider is quite a bit smaller than the average adult human's hand, which is much smaller than what that evil thing in the pic looks like until you find a little realistic scale by concentrating on the hand in the upper right of the pic. They are creepy, but not as much as that picture initially makes you think.

Edit: I should have said "those evil things"; I forgot that there were two of them in the pic.

A system of cells interlinked
Yup, I still really hate spiders....

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
That thing looks poisonous, which I’m sure it is. Imagine if that thing bit someone! Awful

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No those two are as big as they look in the pic, that hand in the upper right corner is much closer to the camera than the spiders are so it seems much bigger.

Even if they are harmless, I'd still **** myself if I saw one. Especially if I saw a camel with a dozen of them living on it.

Excuse me while I go vomit and shoot myself in the head.

I lock up with fear at the sight of normal spiders, if I saw one that big and it was coming at me I'd die. It wouldn't even have to do anything, I would just fall over dead.

What a cool picture, i want one

According to what I read, camel spiders can run up to 10 miles an hour and like to feed off of flies, ticks, fleas, etc.... which is one of the reasons they like to hitch a ride on a camel… and they use hair to line their nests when they’re having itty bitty spiders that they normally cut from dead animals… however, they apparently can’t tell the difference from a dead animal and a sleeping human so they’ve given a few soldiers an "Alien experience" …

Oh, and there are camel spiders in the southwestern US and Mexico although they are a little smaller in size then the ones in the Middle East…

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
so they’ve given a few soldiers an "Alien experience"
Shivers of uncomfort just went up and down my spine.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Camel Spiders: The Official Arachnids of Gulf War II

April 7, 2003
With the war on, we expected to get searches for different kinds of military hardware. We expected searches for the nations of the Middle East. We expected searches for war news and pictures. But we had a hard time figuring out what was the reason for a very odd term that showed up in the middle of last week: camel spiders.

Looks like this was the big war-related April Fool of 2003. No, there really is such an animal as the camel spider, but its powers of ingestion have been highly exaggerated. An email was going around the Internet last week that claimed that the troops in Iraq were encountering camel spiders and discovering all kinds of amazing facts about the creatures.

They run over 25 miles per hour. They make squealing noises like a child screaming when they scamper about. Worst of all, they are called "camel spiders" because they climb onto the bellies of camels and eat their stomachs from the outside, numbing the flesh by secreting a natural anesthetic. The camels don't even notice until their intestines fall out.

None of which is true.

In reality, camel spiders aren't some mysterious Arabian creature -- we have them in the United States and in Mexico, where they are called matevenados. They are slightly smaller than the human hand, and while they do run quickly, their top speed is 10 miles per hour, not 25. But they also make no noise, they excrete no venom, and although they can be voracious nocturnal predators, they don't eat camels. They eat delicious crickets and pillbugs, and sometimes scorpions.

TOMORROW: More war on the new Lycos 50
From Lycos

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
wow who would have thought................that big huh? creepy

That is some size of spider!