The Soundtrack of Your Life

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Manson, Slipknot...both are annoying. I can't stand Manson simply because his music has no point, and the fact he can't decide on what he is. Slipknot, well like TWT said, have no idea what they're doing.

It's like ICP, or some twisted group trying to get attention because they can't win the crowd if they act normal.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Oh hell yeah. ICP is probably higher on my "hit list" than Slipknot. Manson I don't 100% despise...simply because I know he's an intelligent person who knows how to make money with his act. I'm sure he knows he's a bit of a fake...but he does it on purpose. I'm more annoyed by people like ICP and Slipknot, who've never, at least none that I've seen, given any indication that they know they're not what they pretend to be publicly. ICP especially.

Ok Back on track! I'm the tried and convicted Twittler around here, and I'm trying to mend my ways. This is a thread about positive musical influences in your life. No bashing or I'm gonna get Spuds to whack your post. Just kidding. I am trying to do my part to maintain focus though.

Because I wanna know what floats your boat... not what sinks it

Toose is right. Sorry about that, man. Hmmm, what else floats my boat? The Star Wars music. I'm sure it does for everyone. The music at the beginning of the first Episode I trailer is awesome...that slow buildup. Regardless of what you thought of the movie, the trailer itself was magnificent to see.

Now With Moveable Parts
More Music That Floats My Boat:

Dancin' Moods:

70's music: I LOVE good disco tracks/check out the Boogie Night's soundtrack...it kicks my @ss!

80's music: I LOVE Culture Club, Prince, Madonna, MJ

Rock: I love gritty, dirty, rock music. I seriously can't sit still if AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long, comes on; or Back in Black. Gimmie some of that Lenny Kravitz too; and who doesn't love the Beastie Boys or the Chronic?

Moody Moods:
Fionna Apple
Natalie Merchant
Counting Crowes
ColdPlay

I'll listen to just about anything but Country. I hate that crap.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
okay, if my life were to have a soundtrack, I figure it'd be:

Nirvana: Every album, but especially "From the Muddy Banks of the Wishka". It's so sloppy and angry.

The Ramones: the first four albums and "It's Alive." Music for a happy mood.

Weezer: Pinkerton. It's like they wrote this whole album directly for me.

Janis Joplin: All albums. Soulful and noisy. Great depression music.

Ben Folds Five: Whatever and Ever Amen. Both snotty and sensitive at the same time.

Shonen Knife: Lets Knife! POP POP POP music! More happy fun!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I'll listen to just about anything but Country. I hate that crap.
Awww... now you know us Texas boys gotta take offense to this! What else are we gonna listen to while ropin' steer, drinkin' beer, and spreadin' fear?

There's good and bad country... #11 on the soundtrack of my life would have been Don Williams greatest, had I allowed myself to go beyond 10.

"Nothing makes a sound in the night like the wind does
But you ain’t afraid if you’re washed in the blood like I was
The smell of cape jasmine thru the window screen
John R. and the Wolfman kept me company
By the light of the radio by my bed
With Thomas Wolfe whispering in my head"

I must agree with Mr. Toose here; not all country sucks. I don't like country, but I'd be a fool to try and deny that Garth Brooks is really flippin' talented. "And the Thunder Rolls" is a damn fine song. Get a GOOD country soung, and no one can resist it. There's plenty of manure in the business, too, of course...which makes it hard to get to the good stuff...at least, that's how it seems to be, to me.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm sorry. I just am not a fan...and never will be. Country music is the only thing I don't like about country, though. I sure like the way a Cowboy Hat and Tight Wranglers, look.

Now With Moveable Parts
*Feelin' Love/ Paula Cole- For romantic situations.

*Cruisin'/ Smokey Robinson- For road trips.

*Groove is in the Heart/ DeeLite- Dancin'

*Going the Distance/ Cake- Jogging. Or something active.

*angie/ Beck- goofin' around with a sexy someone.

*Santa Monica/ Everclear- another road trip song.

I use "Going The Distance" for driving around town at night in a car -- I probably do this as a reaction from "Smashed" [the play]. There was one scene where we went and filmed out the back window of a car as we drove around, and then we played it behind the "car" on stage. It looked so good, and the music was "Going The Distance".

The SONG [not soundtrack] that most encapsulates me is "I am the Walrus". Just because I'm so abstract and bizarre. I have people going "what the fudge?!" where ever I go.

Originally posted by sadesdrk

*Cruisin'/ Smokey Robinson
That is one of those rare tunes that just pops into my head for no apparent reason. Happens at least once or twice a month... strange.

Now With Moveable Parts
"You're gonna fly away...then you'll go my way...I love it, when we're cruisin' together."....great song.

Now With Moveable Parts
Kravitz is a man of simple lyrics. I like him.

gone
Ahh I cant pick out certain songs, Ill skip so many out, but here are those songs/bands that have always been with me

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Radiohead - Pablo Honey / The Bends / OK Computer

Prodigy - All their Albums

Ninja Cuts - great music to chill to

hmm music block what else (so much more!)

some other songs top of head:
Foundations - build me up
Garbage - Number One Crush
NIN - Perfect drug (i think i used to be a fan at some point)
Luna - Superfreaky memories
BBKing - Stand By Me

Now With Moveable Parts
Thought of two new ones today.

Heartache: Toss of the Dice-Areosmith

A Song For Thinking Thoughts: Lighter Shade of Pale- Annie Lennox

gone
Chicane - No Ordinary Morning
( )

iio-rapture
(it's stuck in my playlist)

oh and: Zero7 - One arm break