The RPG Thread

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Rules: I start the thread, you add on to my beginning. Then someone adds to that, again, and again, and again. Get it? Here we go!

Freo Elmwood looked up to read "The Red Dragon" on the local tavern's sign. A man stumbled out with a cloud of smoke and the sound of the local townsmen ending their day to a few ales. The door slammed shut and the man mumbled as he contiuned down the street. As the man neared the end of the street, he disappered in a puff of smoke. Freo shook his head and questioned what he had seen. Had it been his imagination, or had he seen a wizard? Things were so diffucult to tell in this day and age. Shrugging it off he grabbed hold of the door handle, opened the door, and stepped inside.

Notes: Try and keep the posts under two paragraphs. We don't want to have people read such long posts.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
The inn seemed quiet for this time of day, when ravenous farmers and road weary travelers infested the town, toiling away at their daily chores and worries. It was a bright day, the twin suns high in the cerulean sky, so it was a few seconds until Freo's eyes could adjust to the dark surroundings. After a few seconds, the reason for the inn's unusual silence became clear. Strangers were in the Dragon this night.

One stranger, Freo discerned immediately, was not from this land. As a matter of fact, Freo found it hard to imagine just what sort of land a man like this, if it was a man, would likely come from. The stranger was half again as tall as Lyle Tarleck, who worked down at the dockside, and was by far the tallest person Freo had ever seen. His hair flowed silver over broad shoulders, framing a porcelain face, pale as winter ice. But it was the eyes that made Freo's spine twist, his legs become as reeds in a stormy wind, his feet ache to run far and fast.

A system of cells interlinked
Hey John, How about changing the thread title? This one is misleading, and I bet more people will pop in and write if they know what is going on. Maybe call it Community creative writing, or something.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by John McClane
How do you do that? I need to change it to The Creative Writing Thread if any of you mods see this. Thanks.
...and then a mod saw it and thought long and hard to change it.

You ready? You look ready.
Ok, back to the damn story.

For that stranger, was from the far lands of Visan. Freo knew well that the men from Visan were ruthless killers that roamed the lands. They raped the women, killed the young, and enslaved the men. For Visan men were so strong, they need not move in numbers.

This man carried a wooden shield, and a broad sword that not even a regular man could carry. "What comes to find yourself here, young Visan" Freo asked fearlessly; for he was the only man in town that had nothing to fear, not even death. "I have come to seek t'e bounty on a man named Farsen. I was told his daily ending always took him here. Is this news true. Freo thought of what to say, for Farsen was his friend. "Ah, I've never heard of him and I don't think it's true."